Forced Gallery And Micloud Sync...

reb00tz

Members
Jan 1, 2016
Hi,

Gallery forces me to sync, otherwise I cannot create albums - even when I do, it creates it appears to create it online instead of on the phone (the album is found under "Cloud" instead of "Offline").

How may I manage photos (e.g. in folders/albums) offline (i.e. local storage) using the Gallery app? Or do I have to dump it and use Google Photos instead (which has its own issues like not being able to tell when an item is a local copy)?

Furthermore, MiCloud does not give me a choice in attempting to detect and recognise faces...

Anyway to turn off this total breach of privacy?

Thanks!

Hmmm... Only reasonable solution seems to be to uninstall the apps after rooting... But i am not sure how the system will react to the deletion, as i haven't tried it myself. Disabling the apps is not an option. I prefer to use ES explorer and Quickpic

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I will consider rooting temporarily just to remove some of the malware/crapware... I guess I will need a lot of time to experiment to see if we can remove the Security and Security Framework modules, as well as the Xiaomi Framework module... Will need to be careful to replace with some stock-standard/AOSP framework (if there is one), as well as the Marshmallow settings and security settings APKs...

Currently, real-life calls... So this will take a back seat if I can just find another satisfactory third-party gallery replacement...

Have you tried using the new Global Beta? It might not have these apps included in them.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk