From Lineage Os Back To Miui

maicasajusta

Members
Jun 15, 2017
Hi there, when I got my Mi5, six months ago, I've used Miui for a week, but soon as I can I switched to Lineage OS, because I was used to Google Stock I had on my previous smartphones (Nexus, OPO).

Now I would like to try the new miui, and my question is: I need to take some precaution or I just go in TWRP, wipe all I need to wipe, flash the xiaomi.eu miui 9 rom, magisk (I need root) and reboot the phone? Is that all?

Same if I would came back to LOS? Wipe data/system/dalvik/cache flash LOS, Gapps, eventually magisk and I'm done?

Or something more is needed when moving from MIUI to LOS and viceversa?

Thanks, I've installed xiaomi.eu miui 9 on my girlfriend Mi 5x and now I'm really interested in try that again on my Mi5 :)

I would add backup before wipe all, so next time I return to LOS I don't have to setup everything again. TWRP backup is deeper than ROM level backup, so I would suggest that for better backup/restore experience. For root, SuperSU 2.82 works just fine for me, but magisk will do as well.

I would add backup before wipe all, so next time I return to LOS I don't have to setup everything again. TWRP backup is deeper than ROM level backup, so I would suggest that for better backup/restore experience. For root, SuperSU 2.82 works just fine for me, but magisk will do as well.

Thanks! Yes, I usually make nandroid backup with twrp before tryin' new ROM, so I'm going to follow your adivce. thanks! ;)