From One Weekly To Another

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 4C' started by BaldJedi, Apr 16, 2016.

1. BaldJedi

BaldJediMembers

Apr 2, 2016
    I've just got hold of a Mi4c which came with a locked bootloader which i have now unlocked and loaded the latest weekly rom (6.4.14) on to it.

What i would like to know is what is the correct way to update to the next weekly release without losing the apps i have installed. Do i load the rom on the phone and flash using TWRP recovery or can i use the updater app on the phone to install the rom?

2. iamme729

iamme729Members

Nov 22, 2015
    Male
    Ecuador
    OTA updates will be monthly instead of weekly now...so the best way is to download the weekly to your phone or PC (copy to your device) update via TWRP or the Updater App...once you have the ROM on your device in the Updater App tap the three dots at the top right and select Choose Update Package...navigate to the .Zip and tap OK...phone will boot to recovery and install the weekly ROM... To update via TWRP reboot to recovery ( volume up and power buttons at the same time) tap INSTALL select the .Zip...move the slider to the right to install...Reboot system ... you will need to re-apply root ( SuperSU ) via TWRP after each weekly update...once complete be sure to make a backup of the current system in case you have troubles in the future...Hope that Helps ...

3. BaldJedi

BaldJediMembers

Apr 2, 2016
    Excellent, thanks for the info.

I currently don't have superSU installed.. is there any advantage to this other than to use apps that require root? i did use it for awhile on my nexus 5 but didn't have much use for it.

4. Daniel Duro

Apr 8, 2016
    Male
    It's only for apps that require root...

Share Our Site