New Gateway issues, no Wifi showing up - Mi Home Gateway can't connect - add device

eleyfully

Members
Oct 10, 2018
I just received the Aqara Gateway 3. I tried to connect it with the Mi Home App, the location is set to China Mainland, everything works fine until I am required to connect the iPhone to via Wifi to “lumi-gateway_xxx”. The Wifi isn’t showing up!
Instead, there is the option to "Set up a new device…” where a field with the name “Aqara Hub-A93D” is displayed. (see pictures) When I click on that and set it up, it shows me a success message, saying “This accessory joined TP-LINK_94DA”. Then a Chinese voice speaks and the gateway is blinking in blue.

IMG_0492.PNG

I guess then it is somehow connected to my Wifi, but if I go back to the App, nothing is happening and no device is added.
I've been reseting the gateway many times, but it doesn’t help. So basically the problem is, that it is not giving me any option to connect my phone to the "lumi-gateway_xxx”.
Is there anything I can do about this?
I also tried to set up the Gateway with the Aqara Home App via the QR-Code, which worked fine, but the Aqara App is lacking functionality and I can not add or control my Yeelights with it.
Hope someone can help! Thanks guys!

Oh and one more question, is there any other App I can use to control my Yeelights and the Aqara Gateway? Maybe the connection with another App will work...