New Gboard freezes when switching language

T

Tsim Pouki

I have tried reinstalling it and no matter how many times it updates, nothing changes. I have 2 redmi k30 pro (one with stock eea rom and mine with xiomi.eu) and only the phone with this rom has this issue (in both devices gboard is in latest version).

I don't see any log recorded while the freezing happens...
My bad, now i recorded it. The long freeze log is from the random lag where the keyboard remains frozen for more than 1 second (a standard way to trigger it is after device reboot, no matter how much time has passed. I'll keep trying to record when it happens randomly if you think that it will be helpful). The second log is from a delay that can be noticed every time i switch language (i have greek and english). It's not as long as in the first case but it still happens after a while after the reinstall (at first it was working fine)

Attachments

• Long freeze log_lmi_V12.5.7.0.RJKCNXM.txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 829
  • log_lmi_V12.5.7.0.RJKCNXM.txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 78

Attachments

• While chatting on instagram log_lmi_V12.5.7.0.RJKCNXM.txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:
Can confirm that this is still happening in the latest weekly rom on the Poco F2 pro after switching the language from Greek to English.

Can confirm that this is still happening in the latest weekly rom on the Poco F2 pro after switching the language from Greek to English.
I haven't faced this issue since I updated to Android 12

Then a clean install of the latest version might be the only way to fix this at this point