GCam

Nucio

Members
Jan 13, 2018
Hello everyone!
Getting Pie I decided to try set the GCam.
I tried many versions, also the latest versions are working on my device (Arnova mods.). Currently I am using the second-last version cause it has the possibility of upload the settings from the XML file they give you.
The fact is that none of the version I tried, also from over modders, has a working front camera.
Do you have any suggestion?

Sent from my Mi Note 3 using Tapatalk

werty

Members
Jun 13, 2018
The fixes are not made by myself. But here you go. If you have root go to build.prop and add the following lines:
persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1
persist.vendor.camera.HAL3.enabled=1
Also replace the front camera lib with the attached one in system/vendor/lib and set the correct permissions (or use Mix Explorer it sets the correct permissions). Thanks to EnesSastim on xda forum for modding the front cam lib!
Change the extension to .so
That's it. Good luck!

Attachments

frofa

Members
Mar 31, 2017
thanks a lot, that looks very promising. I had tried several GCam versions/mods before, but non of them worked. In addition, often the built-in camera app stopped working, which of course is not what one can want. May I ask whether - with these mods - the camera app still works for you? Also, which version of GCam do you use with the mod?

werty

Members
Jun 13, 2018
thanks a lot, that looks very promising. I had tried several GCam versions/mods before, but non of them worked. In addition, often the built-in camera app stopped working, which of course is not what one can want. May I ask whether - with these mods - the camera app still works for you? Also, which version of GCam do you use with the mod?
Stock camera works - hdr, video, front camera etc. It's working even better, on oreo after restart it showed "can't connect to camera" after initial launch. You may get frustrated but I'm using modded google camera for Mi 6 which can be found on telegram group - it's too big to upload it here. The only "problem" is that Aida64 shows that video stabilization is not supported even though in build.prop it is enabled and stock camera works - go figure.

Dukee

Members
Sep 8, 2016
Stock camera works - hdr, video, front camera etc. It's working even better, on oreo after restart it showed "can't connect to camera" after initial launch. You may get frustrated but I'm using modded google camera for Mi 6 which can be found on telegram group - it's too big to upload it here. The only "problem" is that Aida64 shows that video stabilization is not supported even though in build.prop it is enabled and stock camera works - go figure.
Did You try magisk module called "Mi Note 3 Camera All-in-One for MIUI" for stock camera app? For me Aida64 shows present video stability.