Getting Recovery To Work Again

Kamiyaa

Members
Feb 19, 2017
I just installed the MIUI 8.2 weekly

Unfortunately, it had alot of bugs. One of which is the home button doesn't work and brings me to the top of the page (like the home button on keyboards).

So I tried to reflash my old stable rom, but recovery was unaccessable after the update.
I tried
Code:
fastboot boot twrp_aqua.img
and it gave me the error dtb not found.

So now, I'm left with an unusable phone.
How I can get my recovery back and working?

I just installed the MIUI 8.2 weekly

Unfortunately, it had alot of bugs. One of which is the home button doesn't work and brings me to the top of the page (like the home button on keyboards).

So I tried to reflash my old stable rom, but recovery was unaccessable after the update.
I tried
Code:
fastboot boot twrp_aqua.img
and it gave me the error dtb not found.

So now, I'm left with an unusable phone.
How I can get my recovery back and working?
Which ROM you have to installed?

Enviado desde mi MI 4S mediante Tapatalk

I now have the stock China rom from MIUI official website.
It is the only one I can install without a recovery because it provides .img files
but I can't use it because there are alot of chinese stuff as well as the absence of google play

I got the fastboot image under "Method 3: Fastboot Update" of xiaomi's flashing guide.
I've flashed it onto my phone.
What do I do now?
I am still unable to install the recovery and the Android version is still saying 7.0 when it should be 5.1

Last edited:
I got the fastboot image under "Method 3: Fastboot Update" of xiaomi's flashing guide.
I've flashed it onto my phone.
What do I do now?
I am still unable to install the recovery and the Android version is still saying 7.0 when it should be 5.1
http://en.miui.com/thread-251450-1-1.html
Follow this tutorial to put a ROM that allows you to skip the bootloader and install a recovery. If you decide to follow it we will talk about the next steps

My bootloader is already unlocked.
I managed to figure everything out.
The fastboot roms Xiaomi provides, does not overwrite everything for some reason. When it sees the android base version is higher than what they provide, they don't overwrite it.
I also read somewhere that the twrp recovery for Mi4s does not have support android 7, which is probably the reason why it gave dtb not found error.

So how I fixed this was I had to manually erase everything with fastboot because MiFlash tool did not support this:
Code:
~ # fastboot erase boot
~ # fastboot erase cache
~ # fastboot erase recovery
~ # fastboot erase system
~ # fastboot erase userdata

You flash by fastboot method and you put flash all on the square?
If there is twrp for Android 7. but you have to first put the ROM by update, then use miunlock to open the bootloader, and then download the twrp libra 7.0, and install by fastboot