Global Developer Rom On Mi 5x

amatheus

Members
Sep 1, 2017
I have finally after time, frustration and significant swearing managed to get my MI 5x onto the global developer ROM. I have also after that manged to update two times with weekly build. Have no complaints at all on stabillity and recomend anyone who bought a 5x from china and not speaking chinese to do the upgrade while waiting for an global stable ROM.

Requesting a bootloader unlock does not generate the expected confirmation SMS but after ten days and in parallell solving the error 10008 problem I realized that I had unlock rights.

The infamous error 10008 that is received when trying to add the mi account to the "settings->additional settings->developer options->Mi unlock status" menu is caused as indicated in other threads by being on an IP outside mainland china. It was very hard to find a VPN into china and I settled on a paid version from TOR GUARD when not finding a free version.

When going into the en.xiaomi.com/unlock page a second time you are redirected to a download page for the unlock tool, but this is unfortunately the chinese version and some serching online for an older english version was necesary.

Anyway the result is a great phone that is stable and has all the features I wanted for a very reasonable price.

b.t.w the MI 5x can do 3G simultaneous on both SIMs which is a good thing in places where there is no 2G and you want to use two SIM cards as in my case traveling a lot.

I still using China developer rom, I have problem using the CA 3_7 (4G+), is this eu rom supported?