Global names at Global/China devices. Suggestion

nevesm5

Members
Jan 18, 2020
Greetings everyone,
Simply amazing the xiaomi.eu project. I don't see another better ROM for us. I have a suggestion for the POCO F3 and for the other devices that have Global and China versions: You could adopt the Global name for everyone as default, as well as you use in mi9T instead of Redmi k20. This is just a suggestion. Once again I thank you for the effort and wonderful work you do to the community.
Thanks!

Hello,

Since the Xiaomi.eu team decided recently to not use the Global name in most cases, maybe it would be a good start to explain why you don't agree with this choice.

Reactions: Poney70
1) Doing that can cause issues we can't expect or prevent.
2) Doing that would also mean replacing boot logo images with Global ones (usually outdated) and other stuff I don't even want to go near.
3) Some ROMs support multiple devices of different brands (Mi, Redmi, POCO), which often don't match with their global counterparts, so we just don't touch it.
4) You can buy a Chinese variant (lets say a Redmi) of a device that has a Global variant (like Mi or POCO), so seeing a "POCO" name and logo on a Redmi hardware doesn't make sense.

Combine all these points and the bottom line is: best we don't touch it at all, users can mod with Magiak modules themselves.

Good night, thank you very much for the quick reply! I completely understand. Doubts completely resolved. Long live the team!

Reactions: Poney70