Global Version Unlock 86006 Error

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Redmi 5 / 5 PRO' started by Lither, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Lither

LitherMembers

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    I have the Redmi 5 Plus 4/64GB Global version (V9.2.3.0) and have received unlock permission which I added my Mi account to the phone via Mi Unlock Status in developer options however when I press Add account and device, I get 86006 error?

Attached Files:

2. iulyiustin

iulyiustinMembers

Nov 10, 2016
    Male
    Install plex VPN from play store and change region to Shanghai and try again

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

3. Lither

LitherMembers

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    I read that I need to be on China dev ROM to unlock the bootloader?

4. N.ORMs

N.ORMsMembers

Apr 6, 2016
    Male
    Heaven
    Like previous member replies, use plex vpn and choose shanghai. I did change to China dev rom before unlocking. It did work flawlessly. Don't know about stable china tho.

5. exionen

exionenMembers

Nov 7, 2016
    Male
    I did it on miui global stable, worked like a charm.
    Was same problem with mi note 3.

Skickat från min Mi Note 3 via Tapatalk

6. Lither

LitherMembers

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    I tried with PlexVPN connected to Shanghai but still getting 86006 error so I think I will have to wait for global dev ROM so I can flash over to unlock the bootloader.

You unlocked bootloader on Redmi 5 Plus on global stable ROM?

7. exionen

exionenMembers

Nov 7, 2016
    Male
    No, mi note 3, but it had the same error and also the same way to fix it. Mi 5x also has the same error. But I didnt connect to Shanghai, I connected to schenzhen. Maybe it is different on redmi 5 plus, but I doubt it. Sometimes it works for some and for some it wont :/

Skickat från min Mi Note 3 via Tapatalk

8. josepc

josepcMembers

Sep 10, 2016
    Male
    I had 86006 error on my redmi 5plus and I had to flash via test point (open phone case...) to have official Chinese ROM. After that, it was the 10008 error which was solved with VPN Chinese server. Now, I don't have any error but I'm waiting 360 hours to finally unlock my device

Share Our Site