Going back to global stable

densa

Members
Apr 9, 2019
Is it safe to flash latest global stable with mi flash from latest xiaomi.eu weekly?. My device is rn5 (whyred) and some people say it can result in brick, because of android downgrade.

So its true, i was about to flash but wanted to make sure first. What about xiaomi.eu beta->global beta then, it should be safe or brick can happen too?
Going from Beta to Stable is downgrading (unless your Beta is about 3-4 months old at least, just a wild guess).
You will brick your device. If you wish to go to Stable, you'll have to stay on your current Beta for a few months, and there is no definite way to say for how long.

Are you sure about it? I was testing xiaomi.eu beta like 2-3 times (some versions from this year) and every time my downgrade to global stable (always latest) with mi flash (clean+lock) was successful. I didnt even think about it, i was only consious about arb bricks.

Are you sure about it? I was testing xiaomi.eu beta like 2-3 times (some versions from this year) and every time my downgrade to global stable (always latest) with mi flash (clean+lock) was successful. I didnt even think about it, i was only consious about arb bricks.
We only started including complete firmware-update package with 9.3.28, if I remember correctly, as using old firmware created a lot of vague issues for some devices. I assume that you could do those downgrades before because your device wasn't ARB-protected yet.
You can actually confirm this using fastboot:
fastboot getvar anti
If the output is "anti: 4", then your device is ARB-protected.

We only started including complete firmware-update package with 9.3.28, if I remember correctly, as using old firmware created a lot of vague issues for some devices. I assume that you could do those downgrades before because your device wasn't ARB-protected yet.
You can actually confirm this using fastboot:
fastboot getvar anti
If the output is "anti: 4", then your device is ARB-protected.
Weird, im sure i got arb v4 from the beginning (miui9 to miui10 global stable update, also checked with command), so i had to do this with arb protection.

Weird, im sure i got arb v4 from the beginning (miui9 to miui10 global stable update, also checked with command), so i had to do this with arb protection.
I just learned that as long as the ROM you're downgrading to also has "anti: 4", then you should be fine.

Reactions: densa
Hi ! I have the same question.
I use on my mi 8 (global version) had arb and when used global Rom I do with stock recovery no unlock BL beta to stable and stable to beta no mistake.
But now with unlock BL Twrp on xiaomi eu beta I can't flash xiaomi eu stable ? And now if I want roll back to global Rom a day I do flash global beta ?
It's so complicated with Arb and china/global version.

Hi ! I have the same question.
I use on my mi 8 (global version) had arb and when used global Rom I do with stock recovery no unlock BL beta to stable and stable to beta no mistake.
But now with unlock BL Twrp on xiaomi eu beta I can't flash xiaomi eu stable ? And now if I want roll back to global Rom a day I do flash global beta ?
It's so complicated with Arb and china/global version.
Either way, we want no involvement in your moving back and forth between ROMs, whatever happens to your device is on you.

I just learned that as long as the ROM you're downgrading to also has "anti: 4", then you should be fine.
Good to know, i was sure it work like this but u confused me a bit. I only didnt know about downgrading to older android version like this case.

You can do it, but with open results.
On my MI8 I had crashes in the SMS Messenger after installing 10.3 stable. After returning to the latest beta, everything was fine again.
The Mi8 of my wife is running perfectly after flashing stable....

You can do it, but with open results.
On my MI8 I had crashes in the SMS Messenger after installing 10.3 stable. After returning to the latest beta, everything was fine again.
The Mi8 of my wife is running perfectly after flashing stable....
Hi ! Thanks for response. Yes with unlock bootloader I can flash stable over beta no mistake.
Yes I prefer stay on dev but no new update this week.