Going from Updating Weekly rom via fastboot to updating weekly via TWRP(installed) Mi 11 Ultra (star)

Poppabradj

Members
May 26, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have CN mi 11 Ultra, that's been unlocked for a little while now and I have been using the fastboot method to update my weekly Rom of Xiaomi.Eu

I understand now that we can use Twrp to update our weekly roms, but we have to install TWRP on our phone.

I also read in couple of post that installing TWRP folder sometime causes Safetynet and the widevine L1 to be lost or not working properly ... I rely heavily on using my Google apps and my banking apps as well ...

This is my question: Will installing TWRP and using it from now on to install my weekly rom, better, than simply using fastboot to install my weekly update ? .. I have no issues with doing it via PC every week .. I just want to make sure i don;t encounter problem doing it via TWRP instead?

Is there an advantage in doing it via TWRP instead of my current method.

Current process
1. Download the rom on PC,
2. Connect phone via fastboot, and just boot into TWRP ( fastboot boot "twrp name".img )
3. Copy the rom on Root of my phone
4. Install the rom, then wipe Dalvik
5. Reboot system ... Et Voila ! ( Never had any issue other than the little common bugs here and there )

Thank you in advance everyone for your assistance.

Hello everyone,

I have CN mi 11 Ultra, that's been unlocked for a little while now and I have been using the fastboot method to update my weekly Rom of Xiaomi.Eu

I understand now that we can use Twrp to update our weekly roms, but we have to install TWRP on our phone.

I also read in couple of post that installing TWRP folder sometime causes Safetynet and the widevine L1 to be lost or not working properly ... I rely heavily on using my Google apps and my banking apps as well ...

This is my question: Will installing TWRP and using it from now on to install my weekly rom, better, than simply using fastboot to install my weekly update ? .. I have no issues with doing it via PC every week .. I just want to make sure i don;t encounter problem doing it via TWRP instead?

Is there an advantage in doing it via TWRP instead of my current method.

Current process
1. Download the rom on PC,
2. Connect phone via fastboot, and just boot into TWRP ( fastboot boot "twrp name".img )
3. Copy the rom on Root of my phone
4. Install the rom, then wipe Dalvik
5. Reboot system ... Et Voila ! ( Never had any issue other than the little common bugs here and there )

Thank you in advance everyone for your assistance.

there's no fastboot rom available for newer updates (the one using miflash tool). so yes, you have to use the TWRP method.
first time using the TWRP method you have to use your pc to send the fastboot boot twrp.img command, and then flash the new WEEKLY rom.
i think in WEEKLY rom, it'll always pass safetynet if i;m not mistaken, but am not too sure because i'm always on STABLE rom.
actually TWRP method is safer than miflash method.
what you're explaining is actually the TWRP method, but instead of booting the TWRP using fastboot method, you can simply hold power button + volume up button, till it boots to TWRP.
so it's almost identical to your current process

follow these instructions to flash TWRP on your device, I have Mi 11 Ultra as well and these instructions are the most detailed ones I have found and helped me
the other short brief instructions lead me to break my phone and pay 28 € to bring it back to life

Reactions: Jimnasium