Google messages app not working

sowa705

Members
Aug 4, 2020
Hi, I installed the newest MIUI 14 rom on my Poco F4 and I cannot use Google Messages on it. Every time i try to create a new message i get a "Try again later" error, i also dont receive any new messages until i set the default sms app back to the xiaomi default

Had the same issue but it was a permission problem. Solved it by deleting data from the Google messages app. Then permissions were asked again and for some reason it was working from then on.

Had the same issue but it was a permission problem. Solved it by deleting data from the Google messages app. Then permissions were asked again and for some reason it was working from then on.
Good to know either...

I'm still on 13.2.8.0 (no TWRP) and it is going to be long update for me... have to plan it...

Yeah uhh its still not working for me
I had the same problem, it was permissions in my case:
- I opened the MIUI app to choose it as default SMS app (possibly not necessary)
- Went to the Google Messages app information menu and cleared all data (possibly not necessary)
- Still in the Google Messages app information menu I went to the app permissions and gave it all the permissions
- Opened the Google Messages, chose it as the default SMS app and it proceeded to load all the backed up messages and is now working properly.

- I opened the MIUI app to choose it as default SMS app (possibly not necessary)
- Went to the Google Messages app information menu and cleared all data (possibly not necessary)
- Still in the Google Messages app information menu I went to the app permissions and gave it all the permissions
- Opened the Google Messages, chose it as the default SMS app and it proceeded to load all the backed up messages and is now working properly.
thanks it worked

Reactions: diopx
Same problem on xiaomi 12 pro with Google massages, 14.0.13.0 xiaomi.eu stable rom, no root, default recovery. Solved this way.