Google Now Not Launching After Update To Miui 8.1

test0s

Members
Jun 15, 2016
Hi

Just upgraded to MIUI 8.1 - V8.1.1.0.MAACNDI and noticed that when i long press the home button, google now is not launching. Tried to bind it to the other keys (back, recent) but the result is the same.
Anybody here who has the same problem?

All google services are installed. Google app is installed and Google Now enabled.

Same here. And yes, everything installed. I can access google now touching in the google box, but it doesn't work long pressing home button. It must be a bug in he rom.

Same problem here, MI5 with miui 8.1, all google apps up-to-date and using nova launcher, if that matters.

Hi

Just upgraded to MIUI 8.1 - V8.1.1.0.MAACNDI and noticed that when i long press the home button, google now is not launching. Tried to bind it to the other keys (back, recent) but the result is the same.
Anybody here who has the same problem?
Try to go in settings - applications - default apps - voice input

It solved the issue for me.

Thank you for this input. It does indeed launch google now on tap, and i can access the google now main page with the bottom-left icon. Not perfect, but still better :)

Edit: We can disable the "on tap" part by going to google now parameters, then "screen search" and disabling it. Long-pressing the home button will now open google now feed :)