Google Now & Ok Google Dont Work Fine.

Jose1998

Members
Jun 9, 2016
I tried to use OK Google with my phone and it doesn't work I set it as my default assistant in: installed apps>default>assistant. But this works for a while, because the assistant option resets its value alone.

Also Google says it can't do something when the phone is locked , meanwhile it is unlocked.

I needed to turn off miui battery saver options for Google App. Then after the update it happened again so I converted to a system app and now it works flawless.
So at first try with the battery saving options - Security > Battery > App battery save > Google App > No restrictions

Reactions: tegezan
I needed to turn off miui battery saver options for Google App. Then after the update it happened again so I converted to a system app and now it works flawless.
So at first try with the battery saving options - Security > Battery > App battery save > Google App > No restrictions
Thanks I did that, but again i have the problem. How you convert the app to a system app?

Same problem for me... Also my photos doesn't automaticly back up in Google Photos. (tried the permission, batery safer,etc options)
Stable 8.2

I found this answer somewhere and its easy
Go to Settings/Installed Apps/Defaults (at the bottom of the screen)
Scroll down to Assist & Voice input and select Google as the Assist App

Yes, I know. I tried, works one time or so and than not anymore...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk

Yes, I know. I tried, works one time or so and than not anymore...
Mine stopped working.. turned out the setting had disappeared from Defaults. but putting back didn't fix it, then later it started working again.
I am finding many strange behaviours in this ROM