Google Pay

Bretl2009

Members
Mar 16, 2019
How to get working google pay?
I flashed the latest xiaomi.eu rom an magisk 19.0 to my 8 GB China Version.
So what have i to do to get working gpay on my mi9?
Thanks for help.

Louischartoire

Members
Feb 11, 2018
You Can go to the bugs forum it's explained.
Clean data of the Google pay app, delete a folder via TWRP and it works

perryano

Members
Apr 14, 2019
I can only find in twrp the following folder.
/data/data/com.google.android.gms

Deleted it and now it works. Thank you

Last edited:

TheDJVG

Members
Mar 28, 2019
Since 9.5.1 (now on 9.5.9) I can't get it to work at all anymore. Removing the directory / deleting app data I still keep getting this:

SafetyNet still passes:

Does anyone know how to resolve this? I do not use Magisk and not rooted.

Reactions: maker1611

Xampo

Members
May 11, 2019
Since 9.5.1 (now on 9.5.9) I can't get it to work at all anymore. Removing the directory / deleting app data I still keep getting this:

Does anyone know how to resolve this? I do not use Magisk and not rooted.

My Gpay is working now
maybe try this
1.download Gpay (not open it)
2.clean the GOOGLE SEVER APP's userdata and removing the ''data/data/google gms'' folder
3.go magisk hide the google pay
4.reboot

sorry my English isn't good enough.

TheDJVG

Members
Mar 28, 2019
My Gpay is working now
maybe try this
1.download Gpay (not open it)
2.clean the GOOGLE SEVER APP's userdata and removing the ''data/data/google gms'' folder
3.go magisk hide the google pay
4.reboot

sorry my English isn't good enough.
I do not want to use magisk as I don't have a use case for it. Removing userdata / folder I tried but the problem persists. I'm also not rooted.

Edit:
Decided to root my phone, install magisk. use magisk hide and still no luck. Same error as mentioned above.

Last edited:

zero5

Members
May 12, 2019
Try to delete cache and data for both Google Play Services and Google Pay. I've also cleared gms folder but don't think it was needed.

TheDJVG

Members
Mar 28, 2019
I've updated to 9.5.16 today and was able to activate Google Pay again, yay! Now when I tried to pay the terminal did not recognize my device. I noticed that NFC was not on HCE, I changed it now and will try again later.

Tesla_42

Members
Apr 26, 2019
Decided to unroot device. Now the setup worked without problems. Will try testing payments as soon as possible, but it seems that at least in my case it's not possible to get it (reliably) running with magisk installed. Tried everything I could find, deleted GMS folder, cache and data of gpay, play services, Google framework, play store, PayPal, applied magisk hide to all of them, repacked it with a different name and so on and so on...
If there is a reliable solution to use magisk together with gpay some day,I would be happy to read about it