New Google Play Store - Failed to install module / feature

Telephone_Cow

Members
Nov 13, 2019
Hi all,

I've a problem and I can't find a similar problem on this forum.
First I had the stock rom of Xiaomi installed and the problem does not exist.
Now I have the Xiaomi.eu stable ROM a while and the problem does exist in multiple versions / updates.
I've the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro.

Let's try to explain the problem / bug. There are several apps (which I installed via the Google Play Store) which needed extra modules / features, which will be installed once you need them. For example Google Chrome, Netflix and Technogym MyWellness. The installation of those extra modules / features are failing; when looking into the logfile, the resulting error is:

Error -506 while installing com.technogym.mywellness: INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE: Failed to inherit existing install: failed linkOrCreateDir(/oat/arm64/base.vdex, /data/app/com.technogym.mywellness-EwZwV17NqtTDVCSB-gS94w==, /data/app/vmdl112289944.tmp): android.os.ServiceSpecificException: Failed to link from /data/app/com.technogym.mywellness-EwZwV17NqtTDVCSB-gS94w==//oat/arm64/base.vdex to /data/app/vmdl112289944.tmp//oat/arm64/base.vdex (code 2)

The whole logcat is available as attachment.
The app Technogym MyWellness just states: "Install failed", while Google Play Store gives the following notification: "Function myprogress for mywellness" updating. This message will continu to show

I've the same experience with Google Chrome and Netflix.
I've tested it on four different phones (all Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro) with different linked Mi-accounts. I've also tried the recommondations I found on the internet regarding error 506, but I did not succeed into solving this issue. Could this be a bug of this (stable) ROM, as I don't have this issue with the stock-rom.

Best regards,

Telephone_Cow

Attachments

• Log.txt
    164.4 KB · Views: 709
Last edited: