Google play Store problem

saoutek

Members
Apr 21, 2021
I install the xiaomi.eu rom for my redmi note 9 pro.
But in google play impossible to install android web view, gboard, xiaomi Video and quite a few other apps.

I wrote: Unable to download gboard (or other). Insert an SD Card or USB storage memory that has sufficient space and try again.

The phone is new, there is an additional 128GB SD card, but with or without it doesn't change anything.
I tried a reinstallation of the rom, but it's the same.
I need assistance, I don't see where the problem is.

Hi there!
I've tried to install Xiaomi.eu on RN9Pro, and, Miracle!! Now I have your same issue...
BUT, I think the (Real) problem it isn't with the Play Store: the Android System can't access to the Internal Storage, and then, can't write files and installing App's...
I haven't understand exactly what's wrong, yet: I'm trying to figure It...

The same happened to my note 9s, I solved it by updating to the twrp mauronofrio 3.4.0-14,
and following the installation procedure, I don't know why flashing the rom twrp display the message "unable to decript FBE data" but, in the end, the phone is back to working and writing to internal memory.
I hope you can solve it too!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikko_Foxx
Thank you!
I'll try the twrp 'mauronofrio'...
I want ask you if when It is happened to you, you have already flashed the ROM, or you have n't, because the 'old' TWRP was unable to read the xiaomi.eu from your Internal Storage.
When it's happened to me, I was able to Flash\Install the xiaomi.eu, but few minutes later the System reboot, after the main Android configuration, the Internal Storage vanished, for me, for my PC, and for the RN9Pro too... !

Reactions: ZZioo1980
Hello Nikko, I had followed the instructions found on the net, flashed the xiaomi.eu rom from the pc, at restart everything seemed correct, but precisely, the phone's file browser didn't see anything in the internal memory, and couldn't install any apps, but from the pc I was still able to access it.
After, I trying to reinstall again the rom from sd card, without fix the problem.
So finally flashed the version of mauronofrio TWRP and, from the microsd memory, reinstall the rom successfully.
I think the problem was that the old TWRP couldn't perform the format data correctly.

Last edited:
Hello, for the first install i have used : TWRP-miatoll-v3.5.2-17042021 build by dungphp and after i have test OrangeFox-miatoll-stable@R11.0_0 but same problem.
Indeed with the version "mauronofrio" it works.
Strange that there are so few to have seen the problem.

Last edited:
I'm so happy guys, this problem had stressed me a lot, looking for a solution I saw your messages, and once solved, I did not hesitate to subscribe, to be able to share it.

Hello, with the mauronofrio version of Mi9Lite it isn't working for me. I haven't tried installing via SD card. Is this an option? Is there another solution? Thanks

Hello Nikko, I had followed the instructions found on the net, flashed the xiaomi.eu rom from the pc, at restart everything seemed correct, but precisely, the phone's file browser didn't see anything in the internal memory, and couldn't install any apps, but from the pc I was still able to access it.
After, I trying to reinstall again the rom from sd card, without fix the problem.
So finally flashed the version of mauronofrio TWRP and, from the microsd memory, reinstall the rom successfully.
I think the problem was that the old TWRP couldn't perform the format data correctly.
You have encrypted internat storage!!!

You are right, TWRP do not decrypt internal storage during format correctly.
Use Orangefox recovery, there it works well. I had same problem, Orangefox solved it.

install Orangefox recovery and latest recovery ROM.
Links to latest Orangefox Recovery and latest Android 11 ROM are in the 1st post here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/twrp-orangefox-recovery-for-redmi-note-9s-curtana.56943/

Last edited:
You have encrypted internat storage!!!

You are right, TWRP do not decrypt internal storage during format correctly.
Use Orangefox recovery, there it works well. I had same problem, Orangefox solved it.

install Orangefox recovery and latest recovery ROM.
Links to latest Orangefox Recovery and latest Android 11 ROM are in the 1st post here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/twrp-orangefox-recovery-for-redmi-note-9s-curtana.56943/

Can you explain the problem with twrp? Is it that formatting /data doesn't remove the encryption like it should?