Google search crashes

Mar 17, 2014
I have no idea why but on my Red Rice Google search crashes.
I may have a corrupt file, can someone post the .pak with how to and where to put it to fix this.

Thanks in Advance.

Mar 17, 2014
Ok so I have now run the Google search a few times with Alogcat running. When I try to use Google search the Error I get is Unfortunately MiHome has stoped. When you say run FC do you mean Failed Command?

If this is of no use I will need to know how to do what you asked, as without running the Alogcat app I don't know how to do as you asked.

Attachments

ingbrzy

Xiaomi.eu Multilang leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
Ok so I have now run the Google search a few times with Alogcat running. When I try to use Google search the Error I get is Unfortunately MiHome has stoped. When you say run FC do you mean Failed Command?

If this is of no use I will need to know how to do what you asked, as without running the Alogcat app I don't know how to do as you asked.
when you got FC (Force Closed) press Send MIUI - menu - copy and paste that log here

Mar 17, 2014
Looks like I cannot do that, I click hold as I would to get copy paste option but nothing happens. All I can do Is send.

But if it helps I can type in the first bit of what shows up.

Unable to find explicit activity class. -- then it has have to declare this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml?
Then there is near many lines of code. this is what I have sent - ie: report to MiUi.

Last edited:

ingbrzy

Xiaomi.eu Multilang leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
Looks like I cannot do that, I click hold as I would to get copy paste option but nothing happens. All I can do Is send.

But if it helps I can type in the first bit of what shows up.

Unable to find explicit activity class. -- then it has have to declare this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml?
Then there is near 50 lines of code. this is what I have sent - ie: report to MiUi.
MENU - copy

Mar 17, 2014
Here is the copied text as requested.

android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: Unable to find explicit activity class {com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.SearchActivity}; have you declared this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml?
at android.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivityResult(Instrumentation.java:1624)
at android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Instrumentation.java:1423)
at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:3492)
at android.app.Activity.startActivity(Activity.java:3684)
at com.miui.home.launcher.gadget.t.onClick(GoogleSearch.java:43)
at android.view.View.performClick(View.java:4299)
at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(View.java:17576)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:725)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:153)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5356)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:853)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:620)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)