Gps Lock Issues

soend

Members
Oct 17, 2017
Hei, anybody else having trouble getting gps fix indoors? My previous oneplus 3T never had this kind of problems. Anything i can try to make it better?

Hei, anybody else having trouble getting gps fix indoors? My previous oneplus 3T never had this kind of problems. Anything i can try to make it better?
Yea, try going outside ;-)

GPS needs to see the Sky, you know, Satellites :)

Yea, try going outside ;-)

GPS needs to see the Sky, you know, Satellites :)

Well, yes going outside is one way. Just sucks that this phone has so weak gps antenna. Considering going back to using my oneplus because it never suffered this issue.

I find Mix 2 GPS much better than my old mi 5 which was on par with oneplus one. With GPS + Galileo + Glonass + Beidou, I get a lock pretty quickly with alot of satellites and much fewer random shifts in position. Of course if you're underground in a bunker lined with 12 inch steel walls...

Does anybody know if xiaomi.eu rom adds gps.conf file with europe ntp servers or not?

Or second question is have anybody tried magisk and got it working on this phone usin this rom? If magisk would work i could edit my own gps.conf and maybe get gps little better.

I Hello
I have a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 for 4 months Chinese version. I had permission from Xiaomi to unlock it and pass it in Global version (europeen one). I am very happy about this phone.
The version installed on my Mi Mix 2 is: MIU 9.6 (by xiaomi.eu 8.38 / Beta)
But i have a problem, My Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 can never locate me when I'm traveling..
The GPS still looking for my position all the time. Never stop
nb: Sorry for my poor english, i'm not use to speak it but i need Help!

I get Miui 10 Eu 8.6.21 for my mix 2 ,its Gps inside house very good ,it lock fast and many gps satellites .and i get miui pro 8.6.21 miui 10 ,its gps is very weak when inside of my house ,not = Eu miui 10 ver 8.6.21. You should try it , Eu 8.6.21 better gps .

This photo of inside with 20/20 satellites , fail only 3m
Screenshot_2018-06-28-17-13-44-143_com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2.png

and out side with lock 32/32 satellites but fail to 11m because i sit near a high building .

Screenshot_2018-06-28-13-34-07-585_com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2.png

Last edited:
On my Mix2 (xiaomi.eu 8.6.14) fix is very quick and acurate
I don't have any app for tracking satellites, what for? Fix is on place :)

I have mix 2 with 8.7.5 rom from friday. I have no gps to navigate, (outside!) No Fix !

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-07-13-03-47-315_com.chartcross.gpstest.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-07-13-03-47-315_com.chartcross.gpstest.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 294
I have mix 2 with 8.7.5 rom from friday. I have no gps to navigate, (outside!) No Fix !

After tiring efforts and multiple rom changes i have discovered why i could not get a gps fix on my mix 2.
I had bought a really nice Elementcase from China* with an aluminum edge and it looked excellent!
After pulling my hair out from frustration for the past whole weekend, i pulled off the case and all of a sudden i had gps even in my house.
So, i have to apologize to the devs here for thinking maybe something was wrong with their work !
Thanks you to the people who do all the hard labor here.