GPS Problems

casantos60

Members
Jun 25, 2019
Hello guys,

I have a RN7 and xiaomi eu 10.3.2. Usually GPS works good, but many times it just doesn't work and google maps shows "searching for gps". Rebooting doesn't fix it for the time. This is extremel frustrating because my work depends on gps!

How can i have the GPS working good all the time?

Thanks in advance!

Hello guys,

I have a RN7 and xiaomi eu 10.3.2. Usually GPS works good, but many times it just doesn't work and google maps shows "searching for gps". Rebooting doesn't fix it for the time. This is extremel frustrating because my work depends on gps!

How can i have the GPS working good all the time?

Thanks in advance!
I don't know in what region you are, but I had same issue in Brazil using the version 10.3.2 ,Waze and google maps loose GPS connection or taking a long time to connect on it. The issue was solved in the latest version 10.3.4. my device is redmi note 7.

Reactions: casantos60
I don't know in what region you are, but I had same issue in Brazil using the version 10.3.2 ,Waze and google maps loose GPS connection or taking a long time to connect on it. The issue was solved in the latest version 10.3.4. my device is redmi note 7.

Where can i find 10.3.4? The last version i see here is 10.3.2.

P.S. Sou de portugal, cumprimentos!

Sold my note7, bought a used oneplus 5t. I'm much happier now. Plus, no waiting 1 week to unlock. Bye xiaomi.

• Love
Reactions: Akr0n
I have a MI8 recently upgraded at MIUI 10.3.4.0 | STABLE and since july GPS is not working precisely, particuraly using route function on Google Maps.

Any suggestion ?

As the other guy mentioned. Get a non Xiaomi phone. The last updates messed up the gps.conf file.

But seriously. If you have the time. Request an unlock, wait for up to 2 months , then unlock bootloader, flash TWRP, root phone and modify gps.conf file according to these instructions (not just for Mi 8) https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-8/themes/mi-8-gps-fix-miui-eu-10-0-5-0-t3850853 but download the correct gps.conf for your locality from here https://github.com/blinksmith/gpsconf

It just seems to be the NTP server settings that need to be changed. The default .\system\vendor\etc\gps.conf in this ROM points to a Chinese NTP server. This is very easy to change to another NTP server more suitable to your region, using a root capable editor like FX. I set mine to:

NTP_SERVER=uk.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER_1=europe.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER_2=pool.ntp.org

Which is applicable to the UK and Europe.

The developers of this ROM really should change this, since this is supposed to be a ROM primarily for the EU region.

Note, if you cannot get write access to .../vendor/etc, then take a copy of the GPS.CONF file, edit it elsewhere on your device, then use TWRP file manager to copy it back into /vendor/etc.

Last edited: