Members
Dec 10, 2016
Battery Problems Fix |Deep Sleep Fix & More

DISCLAIMER
Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you

I noticed that the HELIO x20 is quite power hungry chip and I created some tweaks to release the real power of battery + fix some bugs that are created by Xiaomi™ itself....
Some examples are:
1. Everyone has noticed that Redmi Pro has big battery drain in deep sleep (standby mode)
2. I dug around XDA MIUI devices forums for other devices and found out that Xiaomi MIUI roms use a service called 'perfservice' to control the CPU and can sometime be a hit and miss, so I did something
DISABLE PERFSERVICE and MY BATTERY LIFE HAS IMPROVED DRAMATICALLY.
What happens when perfservice is disabled is the cpu is controlled by MTK's cpu manager (not sure what it is called) and uses the stock interactive governer (which is good).

Now its fixing time
STEP ONE
this is for Redmi Pro devices only (Redmi Note 4 too)

1.Download 69tweaksone.zip & 69tweakstwo.zip atached below
and flash them through TWRP Recovery.
AWARE
Flash 69TweaksOne first then flash 69TweaksTwo

Description: This will fix 1.deep sleep battery drain + 2.disable perfservice + 3.some other tweaks.

STEP 2

If you only have 1 SIM, it is highly recommended to go into single SIM mode to turn off the second modem service. Edit build.prop existing line from:
persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds to persist.radio.multisim.config=ss

STEP 3

Turn off Developer Options/Memory Optimization and MIUI Optimization. This is a legacy of the mcd service zram configuration that is disabled.

STEP 4

Remove inbuilt virus scanner(s)
Remove GuardProvider.apk and SecurityAdd.apk plus:
Code:
Code:
  /system/lib64/libams-1.1.7-m-mfr.so
    /system/lib64/libams-1.1.7-mfr.so
    /system/lib64/libavast-utils.so
    /system/lib64/libavast-vps-interface.so
    /system/lib64/libavlasys.so
    /system/lib64/libavlm.so
    /system/lib64/libavlurl.so

STEP 5

Greenify + Amplify -(Need Xposed )
Install Greenify and Amplify and enable them on Xposed Framework
Take a look at this thread HERE

This thread is just a copy paste from other forums which are
1-Thanks to Jajk
2-Thanks to asusm930
3-Thanks to CosmicDan
that I wanted to post here for our Redmi Pro which is a really good device (it's Redmi's flagship isn't it). Redmi Pro has a good battery life and without modifying and now it will be Super Good .

Attachments

• 69TweaksOne.zip
    137 KB · Views: 1,943
  • 69TweaksTwo.zip
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,739
Last edited:
Reactions: Geotzia and Faaizie
Just tested first step. For raw performance this is no good, single core performance was lower by two times and multicore was lower too.
For memory optimization from step 3, I dont see any diference for now.
My battery is realy good on 6.12.29 version from xiaomi.eu and flashed two zip fixes for stanbuy time.
I can get almost two day battery life with just over 5 hours of SoT.

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk

Just tested first step. For raw performance this is no good, single core performance was lower by two times and multicore was lower too.
For memory optimization from step 3, I dont see any diference for now.
My battery is realy good on 6.12.29 version from xiaomi.eu and flashed two zip fixes for stanbuy time.
I can get almost two day battery life with just over 5 hours of SoT.

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk
Ok thanks for your opinion .....here is mine
step 1 : that perf***.. service just put the cpu frequencies higher .after disabling it the frequencies will be as they should be (if you want bigger reviews set the cpu governor to performance)
step 3 : its for multitasking improve
I use xiaomi.eu 8.1.2 stable build and modified the build.prop by myself for stanby.
I believe I can get 2 to 3 days of use with 6+ hours SOT

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-05-20-42-47-407_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-05-20-42-47-407_com.android.settings.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,551
  • Screenshot_2017-01-05-20-42-50-936_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-05-20-42-50-936_com.android.settings.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,407
Reactions: Geotzia
i have tried all steps, but my Miui seems a bit lagging. however, opened game quite fast from before.

Just now i have a problem where my phone suddenly auto restart and stuck at mi logo almost 5 minutes. I need to hold power button to swicth off the phone. After that, i swicth on the phone and finally can enter miui interface. Can some one explain what act happen to my phone. Thanks.

Just now i have a problem where my phone suddenly auto restart and stuck at logo almost 5 minutes. I need to hold power button to swicth off the phone. After that, i swicth on the phone and finally can enter miui interface. Can some one explain what act happen to my phone. Thanks.
I don't know what is happening to you r phone...Im sorry if it is because my thread....I suggest you to search on web and if you dont find anything do a dirty flash to your rom

I have tried 1-2-3 steps and i think the battery life is much better now 2 days of use with 6+ hours SOT
I dont understand the 4 &5 steps... if you want make an explaination on the two steps because I do not have much knowledge..sorry for that.
Anyway the first in battery use list is GSM and it's about 70% in these 2 days,why?
Sorry for my english,and thanks for your post!!!

I don't know what is happening to you r phone...Im sorry if it is because my thread....I suggest you to search on web and if you dont find anything do a dirty flash to your rom
Nevermind. I have flash with new weekly rom uploaded and want to try again these steps. Let see whats happen later. XD

I have tried 1-2-3 steps and i think the battery life is much better now 2 days of use with 6+ hours SOT
I dont understand the 4 &5 steps... if you want make an explaination on the two steps because I do not have much knowledge..sorry for that.
Anyway the first in battery use list is GSM and it's about 70% in these 2 days,why?
How about performance of your phone? Same like before or better? I am agreed with the battery life.

step 4&5 means to delete some system apps that aren't needed +their libs........for the gsm problem you better search on Google

Reactions: Geotzia
From full charge to 77% for 14 hours is quite impressing. I want to know if i can use these methods for other phone, for example mi4, because mi4 used snapdragon processor. Thanks for any advices.

From full charge to 77% for 14 hours is quite impressing. I want to know if i can use these methods for other phone, for example mi4, because mi4 used snapdragon processor. Thanks for any advices.
Yes....... except step 1 because its fror mediatek only...

I have noticed Performance drop in Antutu from 90000 to around 75000 after the changes. Does any other noticed this?

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I have noticed Performance drop in Antutu from 90000 to around 75000 after the changes. Does any other noticed this?

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
It is by step 1

Redmi pro
step 3: Memory Optimization and MIUI Optimization.
If i disable this services than i can't access to battery menu. So, i'm trying my phone only with first 2 steps + 2 zip flash via twrp of other topics.

After doing all the changes and testing the performance via Antutu, the system does rebooting asap the antutu test starts to test the ram (around 50%)

its for the whole device . perf..... service just put the cpu higher thats because we get high results .if you want to get higher results just set the governor to performance

After doing all the changes and testing the performance via Antutu, the system does rebooting asap the antutu test starts to test the ram (around 50%)
I dont know the reason why .im just copy/pasting from some threads

Nevermind. I have flash with new weekly rom uploaded and want to try again these steps. Let see whats happen later. XD

hmm. same thing happened to me. just did step 1 though. been out of the modifying game a long time though, i must be rusty.