[GUIDE] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Redmi Note 9 Pro EU

ingbrzy

Xiaomi.eu Project Leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Redmi Note 9 Pro EU

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for joyeuse is released

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from Global ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
- Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
- Download our ROM zip file
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9ProEU_V11.0.2.0.QJZMIXM.zip
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
- Download our ROM zip file STABLE
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 5min)

Update via OTA:
Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)

hi there and thanks' a lot for this post and instructions and how to's and for the installation of xiami.eu rom.
is this valid for any version of ' redmi note 9 pro ' ? [ i.e.: global/international and EU ]

also, would " OEM unlocking found in Dev settings " do the same thing and then unlocking boot-loader ?
is there a reason why we should also add the ' mi-unlock tool step ' into this procedure ?

- Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/

The Note 9 Pro Global, as shipped by (Ali) Express, has MIUI v11.0.1.0 (QJZEUXM) pre-installed. Interesting, that although it was advertised as Global, it seems to have a European region ROM. No complaints from me though, as I am in the UK.

All we need now is TWRP and a stream of weekly development ROMS... Are these on the near horizon?

PS. If anyone in the UK is buying via this route, my order was placed on 9th May and arrived on 2nd June. Shipment was a combination of UCS (flight) and DHL (doorstep delivery). So not too bad given the global pandemic, although the shipment tracking was not great.

Last edited:
I have the same situation in Poland. I bought rn9pro global with eu rom insight. Just flash miui.eu with fastboot script. Work fine. And you will have global rom with modification from miui.eu. Twrp on this time don't need us becouse joyeuse dont get weekly rom, we have only stable 10.02 global so we must waint :)

Reactions: val_kon
I have the same situation in Poland. I bought rn9pro global with eu rom insight. Just flash miui.eu with fastboot script. Work fine. And you will have global rom with modification from miui.eu. Twrp on this time don't need us becouse joyeuse dont get weekly rom, we have only stable 10.02 global so we must waint :)
Not convinced that there is a compelling reason to go from stock to Xiaomi.eu, until there is TWRP and a beta roadmap. Still, I've got seven days to contemplate this until my phone is unlocked...

Hi I want to root the device having this rom.
Is it possible to patch your rom's boot.img using magisk manager and flash the patched boot image using the fastboot command
fastboot flash boot boot.img?
or I will damage my phone?

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 4 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Is it possible to patch your rom's boot.img using magisk manager and flash the patched boot image using the fastboot command
fastboot flash boot boot.img?
or I will damage my phone?

Hi. I found same way to root joyeuse without TWRP. I will test it on my device one week later.

Hi. I found same way to root joyeuse without TWRP. I will test it on my device one week later.
Ok I also waiting to receive joyeuse.
When you have any news let us know.

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 4 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I have a joyeuse now ^^ I'm very happy, now I have to wait to unlock the bootloader to flash EU after.

No news yet about TWRP right? Im a little "off" about twrp news

I have a joyeuse now ^^ I'm very happy, now I have to wait to unlock the bootloader to flash EU after.

No news yet about TWRP right? Im a little "off" about twrp news
Please, you are "off" because you don't spend any effort to read around.
Joyeuse TWRP is the same as Curtana.

Reactions: MrEasy
So can I put the twrp cortana on joyuse by getting root?
yes.
Should install directly from root in twrp advanced tab without issue.
Work fluently on Curtana this way.
Take care of root given to explorer because of system is read only.

I consider myself having followed the news (XDA and here), but am surprised about this. Is this a definitive fact that curtana's TWRP works here? OP and the other sources I read did not mention this.
Thanks a lot for sharing.

yes.
Should install directly from root in twrp advanced tab without issue.
Work fluently on Curtana this way.
Take care of root given to explorer because of system is read only.
Ok thanks, I never tried because I was afraid of getting a brick.

Same? "Can work" but i will wait for the right Twrp.

Curtana - 48mp main camera no nfc 18w fast charge.
Joyeuse - Pro Eu has 64mp main camera nfc 33w fast charge

curtana_global 9S (use QJWMIXM)
curtana_in_global 9 Pro (use QJWINXM)
joyeuse_global 9Pro (use QJZMIXM)

Reactions: Yemble
I consider myself having followed the news (XDA and here), but am surprised about this. Is this a definitive fact that curtana's TWRP works here? OP and the other sources I read did not mention this.
Thanks a lot for sharing.
I second this... We need confirmation from the Devs here, not the forum Troll!

I second this... We need confirmation from the Devs here, not the forum Troll!
Anyway, you are not trolling nor any helping, you might be spamming.
Don't expect the dev to test this twrp for you because they don't own this phone and they are not engaged in twrp building.
Why don't you test it yourself? If you fear installing it just boot it on your phone in order to check.
That will close the chapter.

The Note 9 Pro Global, as shipped by (Ali) Express, has MIUI v11.0.1.0 (QJZEUXM) pre-installed. Interesting, that although it was advertised as Global, it seems to have a European region ROM. No complaints from me though, as I am in the UK.

All we need now is TWRP and a stream of weekly development ROMS... Are these on the near horizon?

PS. If anyone in the UK is buying via this route, my order was placed on 9th May and arrived on 2nd June. Shipment was a combination of UCS (flight) and DHL (doorstep delivery). So not too bad given the global pandemic, although the shipment tracking was not great.
mine came from warehouse in Spain. Delivery 1 week by GLS.