[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

Unlocking your bootloader is explained in top post on this thread. You will need time, mine was 168 hours. You need to follow the instructions and link your account with the tool and set it going, then use your phone for a week (in my case) and then it will let you unlock it fully. Do a search on unlocking your bootloader on this site or on the web for your phone to get full instructions. You can hide the unlocked state through different measures if you need to once done. It will invalidate your warranty etc. My thoughts for you if you are asking about it, then you need to read up on it first but welcome to the club.

If you cant get it flashed, what I did yesterday was to download this stable ROM from here: http://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.8.0....JCNXM_20200823.0000.00_10.0_cn_8c57a38882.tgz and use the all in one tool from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tool-all-in-one/
You can then flash that downloaded ROM using the Flash Factory Images tool to recover. then download the latest update once back in use. But by changing the fastboot tool from another package, and moving the super image to the last flash within the bat file I managed to get it loaded OK. Took a few attempts, it should never be this hard to flash a phone but thank you to all that has an input to getting us this EU ROM so quick.

Thank you I read the articles here about bootloader unlocking , when i did it using xiomis tool it said my phone will be at risk if i do it, so i want to know after flashing the eu rom on my mi ultra is it ok to relock the bootloader and how can i do it if its ok to lock

Thank you I read the articles here about bootloader unlocking , when i did it using xiomis tool it said my phone will be at risk if i do it, so i want to know after flashing the eu rom on my mi ultra is it ok to relock the bootloader and how can i do it if its ok to lock
Take time to investigate all that stuff.
I am sorry but here , in my country, it is time to go out for dinner.
Have a nice day.
see you tomorrow.

If you cant get it flashed, what I did yesterday was to download this stable ROM from here: http://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.8.0....JCNXM_20200823.0000.00_10.0_cn_8c57a38882.tgz and use the all in one tool from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tool-all-in-one/
You can then flash that downloaded ROM using the Flash Factory Images tool to recover. then download the latest update once back in use. But by changing the fastboot tool from another package, and moving the super image to the last flash within the bat file I managed to get it loaded OK. Took a few attempts, it should never be this hard to flash a phone but thank you to all that has an input to getting us this EU ROM so quick.

Can you explain this, is this to flash the EU Rom or to flash the factory default rom?

is google maps tracking working? Though this ROM comes with Google I had to install Maps and the menu is different. I want to check location history.

So I went out today and walked and it had a 4g signal all around me, and I can see the exact route taken via gps on my Timeline

That seems a concern I noticed from xda users. Obviously we need more than a day to see how this performs.

I am LOVING it though. It's so refreshing coming from stock. Sad as it might sound I do use Google for certain things

All the major functions seem grand. You still have the MIUI layer of opt-in permissions which will throw off these mainstream users but I bought it for the hardware and this is a great breakthrough as we are through to the main Xiaomi.rom stream. It's only ever gonna get better and this is an amazing phone slowly becoming unlocked by its software

See below for my attempt at a process. Really it's just what I did

Last edited:
so how do you get it to work? sorry didn't understand what was done, could u help with instructions, thanks

Windows:
Follow the process in the OP exactly:

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
- Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
- Download our ROM zip file
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_20.9.3_v12-10
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system*

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat

I've seen 3 other cases where we had swapped out fastboot.exe for that of another one of the mi family. It might not be necessary but I want to warn you.

So now you'll end up with a device stuck in fastboot

At this point you need to flash ONLY super.img (which is in the firmware-update folder)
You can achieve this via commandline (best way is by creating admin CMD in the folder)
OR:
Create a batch file in the unzipped main folder (notepad, then rename to .bat) containing only:

Code:
@echo off
cd %~dp0

platform-tools-windows\fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *cas" || echo Missmatching image and device
platform-tools-windows\fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *cas" || exit /B 1

platform-tools-windows\fastboot %* flash super firmware-update/super.img

platform-tools-windows\fastboot %* reboot

It takes a while. Like, sitting on the MIUI screen too long? You may get uneasy, but that's what this amazing hardware is for. To be unlocked and wow this ROM is great coming from chinese stock (not that I'm knocking the cuisine)

Reactions: BigBossTech
How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 10 Ultra

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for cas is released

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
- Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_20.9.3_v12-10
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 5min)

Update via OTA:
Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)
@ingbrzy Can miflash tool be used? Using the scripts you created?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

take fastboot.exe from MiFlash and replace it in our folder..
Ok
And this will solve the issue with flashing super again?
Was the script edited to move it to the end?
Oh, 8 assume this method is also for mi note 10 lite right?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Can you explain this, is this to flash the EU Rom or to flash the factory default rom?
You need to unlock for any ROM flashing. You get several warnings before you can unlock including a week in hours (168) plus before you can. So if you are going to flash, then get your countdown started now

I've been waiting for this before I purchase the phone from China.

I'll be using it on Vodafone in the UK. Do you know if the EU rom opens up all the 4g bands available in the EU on this phone? Specifically I am looking for the B20 (800Mhz) band.

I would assume the radio is firmware controlled considering it has a qualcomm modem.

Thank you

Flashing script is OK.. just issue with fastboot.exe in latest platform-tools by Google..
Will replacing the fastboot.exe with a different one solve the problem - meaning will it then flash correctly in one go? (still waiting for my device to get unlocked)

I'll be using it on Vodafone in the UK. Do you know if the EU rom opens up all the 4g bands available in the EU on this phone? Specifically I am looking for the B20 (800Mhz) band.

I would assume the radio is firmware controlled considering it has a qualcomm modem.

Thank you
Hi, no, the band 20 is not opened by the EU ROM but not surprising as the modem has its own flash and that is not changed I believe.
I use band 20 with O2 and my work SIM ok on EE 4G (and Volte with the EU ROM) and have a great H+ data throughput as I think everyone is using 4G. This leaves great data rate on 3G H+, so no 4G in O2 is not a problem for me.
I of course are now looking for a possible opening of band 20 through the modem and now we have twrp and root access, these can now be looked in to. It took a week to get it unlocked with Xiaomi unlocking rules, so with only just being able to flash this brilliant eo ROM, is a great start to modding this phone.

Reactions: ToneLa and darcus
Will replacing the fastboot.exe with a different one solve the problem - meaning will it then flash correctly in one go? (still waiting for my device to get unlocked)

a good question. I only swapped to a different fastboot after the original process had failed
I uploaded the fastboot.exe I used. Unrar then rename .txt to .exe. Put it in platform-tools-windows replacing the fastboot already there
Disclaimer goes here about .exes on the internet!

Replacing the fastboot.exe if following the process in the OP for Windows is an essential step with the current version of fastboot

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBossTech
and now we have twrp and root access,

Wow, cannot wait for root! It's already an unbelievably good phone especially with this ROM taking the sharper edges off the experience of using an imported deGoogled phone

This baby is opening up!

Thank you

Just like you I've always been wary buying Chinese phones that don't have Band 20 as I'm also on Vodafone. But this time I thought it wouldn't matter so much as the 5G will work. When I got my phone I thought let's try it on 4G and see what happens and I get full 4G signal in my house which made me realise Vodafone must be using Band 7 more widely than I thought. I will test it out and about but even if I got no 4G the 5G is blinding.

Reactions: ToneLa
I've had no worse signal in the UK on Giffgaff than other phones. Sometimes no 4g icon but 4g speeds fine. I have an EE sim and it's even better than that, I suspect because EE use the old 3G bands (which this phone supports) for 4G now.
Vodafone are 2nd best after EE, IMO, then O2