[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

With A11 and current twrp, you need to turn off pin and password screen lock. Pattern is ok, so best to switch to it before as you will lose face and fingerprint settings if you just switch it off.
You can wait until the OTA version comes out normally on a Saturday night and use the built in updater app or go to settings, my device and press on the number 12 to get to the updater.
Or download the ROM from the forum weekly download page and once downloaded, reboot to recovery, install, select downloaded ROM, swipe across to flash. Once done, select the wipe option presented to you and swipe right to wipe dalvik and cache only. Once done, reboot to system. Don't forget that this first boot will always take much longer as you have just deleted the cache but as long as you see 5G and then miui, all will be good, just wait.

Reactions: Abelavila
What could it be that drains my battery so quickly?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-24-14-01-13-260_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-24-14-01-13-260_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    317.4 KB · Views: 157
How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 10 Ultra

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for cas is released

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
- Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
- Download our ROM zip file
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_20.9.3_v12-10
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
- Download our ROM zip file
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 5min)

Update via OTA:
Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)

I run a script for windows but the% * variable is empty

C:\Downloads\xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_20.9.3_v12-10-fastboot>platform-tools-windows\fastboot getvar product 2>&1
| findstr /r /c:"^product: *cas" || echo Missmatching image and device

Missmatching image and device

what's wrong?

Is your device connected and in fastboot mode?
Are trying to install the original ROM via fastboot? Why not install twrp and flash most recent ROM stable or weekly? If you really do want to install that very first fastboot ROM, then make sure you use a different fastboot.exe, the packaged one had some issues flashing system partition. If you need any help on this, take a minute to read through this guide for 10 ultra..

If you any questions, please ask

hhello good I would like to know if it is advisable to do a clean installation? if this is how I make a backup to have everything placed

If you are coming from any different ROM branch, you must format data due to possible partition differences between them on the first install. Just a dalvik and cache wipe on updates.
I use micloud for my back ups but you could make any back up and move it off phone and restore it after the ROM change.

If you are coming from any different ROM branch, you must format data due to possible partition differences between them on the first install. Just a dalvik and cache wipe on updates.
I use micloud for my back ups but you could make any back up and move it off phone and restore it after the ROM change.
Mark, I have another question regarding rom version change. If I go on weekly rom from A10 to weekly A11:
1. Do I have to do format of data partition? Please aware I am still on weeklly rom that's why I ask
2. Can I make full backup of apps and data via e.g. TitanumBackup and after A11 installation restore it (of course if the rom is rooted)?
3. Can you confirm (or somebody else) what is the version of Android Auto in the latest version of weekly (21.1.27/28)? That's important, because it is part of the system app and it's impossible to downgrade apk (I need ver. 5.9.xxxx not 6.0.xxxx)

Thanks in advance for answers

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

Hi, no, no format from A10 to A11. Android Auto is version 6.0.615334 on this week's weekly.
As for back up, you could always do a tarp full back up? And move it off phone as a set point but if you stay on weeklies, then it is just a dalvik and cache wipe, no format. Format when changes branches only.

Reactions: Zencooler
Mark, I have another question regarding rom version change. If I go on weekly rom from A10 to weekly A11:
1. Do I have to do format of data partition? Please aware I am still on weeklly rom that's why I ask
2. Can I make full backup of apps and data via e.g. TitanumBackup and after A11 installation restore it (of course if the rom is rooted)?
3. Can you confirm (or somebody else) what is the version of Android Auto in the latest version of weekly (21.1.27/28)? That's important, because it is part of the system app and it's impossible to downgrade apk (I need ver. 5.9.xxxx not 6.0.xxxx)

Thanks in advance for answers

If you cant use the search function in this forum… dont update

• Haha
Reactions: biscoot
Hello to all. I have installed after a long time, the previous rom at my Mi 10 using an external usb stick. I did saw an error message something for the folder data, but the rom was installed ok. Now I want to install this ROM and it seems that I cannot do it from my internal storage with the TWRP. It still doesn't see my internal storage, so I guess the TWRP wasn't updated? Also, when rebooting, the first screen where I must insert PIN, the light goes so low I can hardly see the numbers. So, I must reinstall the rom from a USB stick? Any guide somewhere to check what has happened? I also tried it and with no pattern or any other security activated.

Thank you

@Mark F hey, really sorry to ask and bother you but you seem to know what you are going in about. I'm wanting to flash the EU ROM for my 10 ultra and just wondered what Twrp version would be recommended to use? I've read a little bit and the recoverys I can find are on by littleturtle2333 and the other by wzsx150 will either of them work with OTA updates as I read you have to boot them through fastboot eachtime to access the recovery..

Really sorry to ask but just want sure with everything and any help is appreciated

Thanks

Hi, I take it that you are currently on a stock Chinese version and using stock recovery. I'm not sure of your PC abilities but I do have a guide to assist getting your first EU ROM installed with twrp.
The first thing is to get everything you need ready. As you will have to format your phone when changing ROM branches, make sure you have an off phone back up to your data and photos, music etc and of course apps, or at least have access to them anywhere off of the phone.
You will need to download the ROM of choice before you start and have it available on your PC or a OTG usb stick or drive.
On your PC, get your adb and fastboot files in a simple to access folder. In that folder place a copy of the twrp you are going use and rename it to twrp.img. this makes it simpler to handle.
Now open a CMD promt on your PC and connect your phone to the PC in fastboot mode. Now follow my guide which is available below remembering to start at the part of the guide about installing twrp and the next section on installing the ROM using twrp.
Here is the guide... https://mega.nz/file/6UAhXCxZ#Np2KwhMnl8obmOvp4b-2R9ajo0zrtz3vwefy-Ya3PLs
The best twrp is the wzsx150 version. There are 2, the original that is marked as mi10pro and the latest marked as mi10ultra. Both work but here is a link to my copy of the latest... https://mega.nz/file/TUh0mLAZ#0jYRCIeAiCJEMW1eIvWzPSWG2MuKJMG5V-wgxtWT80M

Once extracted, rename the .IMG file as above.

Once you are done and back to normal on your phone you have 2 choices to update from now on.
You can manually update by downloading the latest ROM and save it on your phone, PC or OTG USD stick or drive and just reboot to recovery from the extended power menu or from power off with per on and vol up to get to recovery. From there, install, select ROM, swipe. Once done select dalvik and cache wipe, NOT FORMAT, and reboot system when done.
To update using OTA updater app on the phone, open app check for download or press on 12 in settings, details. Once an update is found, it will download and ask you to install and as long as you have twrp, it will install fine. One note is that you need currently to use a pattern screen lock for this twrp, not pin or password, so when you first install, set a pattern.
Please ask away if you have any problems, don't struggle, no question is a stupid question if you don't know the answer.
Good luck and let me know how you do.

Hi, I take it that you are currently on a stock Chinese version and using stock recovery. I'm not sure of your PC abilities but I do have a guide to assist getting your first EU ROM installed with twrp.
The first thing is to get everything you need ready. As you will have to format your phone when changing ROM branches, make sure you have an off phone back up to your data and photos, music etc and of course apps, or at least have access to them anywhere off of the phone.
You will need to download the ROM of choice before you start and have it available on your PC or a OTG usb stick or drive.
On your PC, get your adb and fastboot files in a simple to access folder. In that folder place a copy of the twrp you are going use and rename it to twrp.img. this makes it simpler to handle.
Now open a CMD promt on your PC and connect your phone to the PC in fastboot mode. Now follow my guide which is available below remembering to start at the part of the guide about installing twrp and the next section on installing the ROM using twrp.
Here is the guide... https://mega.nz/file/6UAhXCxZ#Np2KwhMnl8obmOvp4b-2R9ajo0zrtz3vwefy-Ya3PLs
The best twrp is the wzsx150 version. There are 2, the original that is marked as mi10pro and the latest marked as mi10ultra. Both work but here is a link to my copy of the latest... https://mega.nz/file/TUh0mLAZ#0jYRCIeAiCJEMW1eIvWzPSWG2MuKJMG5V-wgxtWT80M

Once extracted, rename the .IMG file as above.

Once you are done and back to normal on your phone you have 2 choices to update from now on.
You can manually update by downloading the latest ROM and save it on your phone, PC or OTG USD stick or drive and just reboot to recovery from the extended power menu or from power off with per on and vol up to get to recovery. From there, install, select ROM, swipe. Once done select dalvik and cache wipe, NOT FORMAT, and reboot system when done.
To update using OTA updater app on the phone, open app check for download or press on 12 in settings, details. Once an update is found, it will download and ask you to install and as long as you have twrp, it will install fine. One note is that you need currently to use a pattern screen lock for this twrp, not pin or password, so when you first install, set a pattern.
Please ask away if you have any problems, don't struggle, no question is a stupid question if you don't know the answer.
Good luck and let me know how you do.
If this answer was for me...I'm with the previous ROM for xiaomi.eu. If I remember well, with the update should also update and the TWRP, which it didn't, so not to have problem installing from there new ROMs. So I need a TWRP for my Mi 10 to install, that doesn't have any problem. Thank you

hhello i'm on the latest weekly version, can i go to stable? what is the last and steps to follow? thanks

hhello i'm on the latest weekly version, can i go to stable? what is the last and steps to follow? thanks
Yes, you can. Flash stable rom using TWRP and format your data partition (full format not just wipe).
So if you want to keep data you need to do backup and then restore after the stable rom is flashed.
BTW: use search option to find answers for your questions

Can someone please give me a GUIDE not a confusing list of 100's of links to actually install a ROM or I have to get rid of my phone. I have spent 3 hours, and got exactly KNOWHERE! I have watched videos, read 15 guides, and non of them speak english. Pretend for 1 second I don't have a degree in programming, and tell me what to do. Non of the steps and videos I have watched work, there is always a problem. I have TWRP from 10 places, different attempts at ADB/ fastboot installs/programs what have you and some ROM that may or may not be the right thing as every link is like trying work out egyption hieroglyphs and nothing that says MI 10 Ultra ROM. I have got as far as unlocking my phone. I cannot get the TWRP thing working so I cannot get to installing the ROM. I'm so tired and exhausted of going around in circles I could cry or just smash everything in front of me like my PC and Phone. Please. SOMEONE must have instructions on what to do in basic english. surely? I'm so so so exhausted.

Last edited:
Try mine. Its in English and you can always message me if you have problems. Have a good read fiorst but ignore the installation of ROMs through Fastboot as all ROMs now are installed by TWRP. The links in this doc are to files I hold and are on my own Mega Page with exception of web site links for the ROMs themselves. The manin things are these.
Make an off phone data back up to restore your files as you will have to format your phone.
Download your ROM of choice and store it on your PC or OTG USB stick.
Using your phoe connected to a PC, install TWRP through fastboot.
Once TWRP is installed, reboot directly to TWRP.
Install your ROM,
Format your device, not just wipe.
Reboot to system and wait. It may take 5 to 10 mins to boot but as long as you see 5G and MIUI on screen your are done.

Do not reboot to system after installing TWRP or it will get overwritten and you will have to start again.

Here is the link to my guide... https://mega.nz/file/6UAhXCxZ#Np2KwhMnl8obmOvp4b-2R9ajo0zrtz3vwefy-Ya3PLs

Just intalled newest version of mi 10 ultra "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_V12.1.1.0.RJJCNXM_v12-11.zip" everything working smooth at the moment :)

Reactions: katerpanne
Just intalled newest version of mi 10 ultra "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_V12.1.1.0.RJJCNXM_v12-11.zip" everything working smooth at the moment :)
Do you have the working link??? Because it seems it's not working.

Enviado desde mi M2007J1SC mediante Tapatalk