[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

you can see which lte bands are used with the app: "LTE Discovery" on playstore.

pls report

Last edited:
Reactions: 4fun20
you can see which lte bands are used with the app: "LTE Discovery" on playstore.

pls report
Mine connects to LTE with bands 3 and 7 (1800 and 2600Mhz) - it reports no connection on 5G.
Edit: it also showed an LTE connection on band 1 - briefly, before switching to 7.

Hi all,

I'm new here. This is my first Xiaomi phone. Is it possible to keep some of the Chinese App (particularly just Mi Wallet) to be used on the xiaomi.eu ROM? Tried to google but didn't find anything useful.

Hi all.
I have followed the instructions to flash via bootloader, changed the fastboot.exe for the one in the miflash utility and now I am stuck in a bootloop.
The device gets to the coloured MIUI logo, sits for 1 min or so and then restarts.

Any ideas?

Hi all.
I have followed the instructions to flash via bootloader, changed the fastboot.exe for the one in the miflash utility and now I am stuck in a bootloop.
The device gets to the coloured MIUI logo, sits for 1 min or so and then restarts.

Any ideas?
Some people already had this issue.
They fixed it with flashing on a Linux OS.

I'll try the win version on Monday and will report also :)

Hi all.

Any ideas?
I had this issue. Reboot into recovery mode (Power+VolUp) and clear data, then reboot and you'll be fine. No need to use Linux.

Is it possible for the OP to upload a new link with the ROM and script containing the working fastboot.exe so we have one process to follow for installing?

Also, has anyone seen a difference in battery life between the two ROMS?

Reactions: GregSmack
I've had no worse signal in the UK on Giffgaff than other phones. Sometimes no 4g icon but 4g speeds fine. I have an EE sim and it's even better than that, I suspect because EE use the old 3G bands (which this phone supports) for 4G now.
Vodafone are 2nd best after EE, IMO, then O2

I tested my phone at work yesterday(which is 50 miles from my house) where I used to get 1 bar 4G on my Samsung Note 10+ and with the Mi 10 Ultra I get 2 bars on 4G. So it seems people, including me, have been too worried about band 20 not being included as it seems Vodafone isn't using it in many places.

How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 10 Ultra

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for cas is released

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
- Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
- Download our ROM zip file
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_20.9.3_v12-10
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
- Download our ROM zip file
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 5min)

Update via OTA:
Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)

Do you will update with 20.9.10 weekly?
20.9.3 has some little bugs (apn, health FC, etc...)

I never did such thing and don't want to break my device in some way..
Can someone explain me in a small guide (like OP) how to do this? Because people say they have some problems with windows and I only have a windows PC :(

Bootloader Mi Unlock tool says "Couldnt Unlock. Please unlock 168 hours later. And do not add your account in MIUI again, otherwise you will wait from scratch"

Is that normal?

Yes, everyone has to wait a week. Windows issue was down to the version of fastboot.exe used. If you swap it with another from a non Google source it's fine and the flashing works. Don't forget, when you unlock in a week's time from starting, it will wipe your phone, so do a back up or have a copy handy to put back on

Yes, everyone has to wait a week. Windows issue was down to the version of fastboot.exe used. If you swap it with another from a non Google source it's fine and the flashing works. Don't forget, when you unlock in a week's time from starting, it will wipe your phone, so do a back up or have a copy handy to put back on
How do you back your phone up without custom recovery?

Use your own phones back up tool and copy it to your PC or if you have another phone with the data on it, once wiped, use mi move on that phone to move it on to your 10 ultra. There is a TWRP out there for the 10 ultra but you need to unlock first anyway, so just do a phone back up and PC copy for now.

Reactions: Pezzy
Windows issue was down to the version of fastboot.exe used. If you swap it with another from a non Google source it's fine and the flashing works.

Thanks for the info! But where do I get a non google source fastboot.exe?

mi flash unlock tool folder or other set of adb tools. I would image that it will be swapped out in the download soon but just google fastboot and download a non google version, plenty out there. I uploaded the one from mi flash here if you want one.

Last edited:
Why i get notification abaut new update when i have 20.9.3 - this is bug or somthing ?
Looks like the difference is beta (current) and stable (new update).

Btw guys, is the update steps same as other device - restore image in Magisk, apply update, install Magisk after OTA?