[GUIDE] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

Sajo K J

Members
Mar 13, 2016
I m also planning to move to EU (weekly) From CN ROM (Android 11). 2 more days wait period for bootloader unlock.

Sajo K J

Members
Mar 13, 2016
@Mark F, Thank you for a detailed guide. I will be moving to EU ROM from CN ROM on my Mi 10 Ultra today (As its been a week after I apply for bootloader unlock)

Phone: Mi 10 Ultra
Moving from CN ROM (stable V12.1.1.0) to EU ROM (Latest) weekly beta MIUI 12.5 21.2.24/25

Android 11 (CN ROM) to Android 11 (weekly Beta EU)

Step 1: Download the latest TWRP (which you shared in earlier post) + Latest Weekly Beta ROM for Mi 10 Ultra (Cas)
Step 2: Unlock Bootloader (this is do a factory reset)
Step 3: Reboot the phone and set up pattern lock (to avoid issue on TWRP)
Step 4: Boot to Fastboot and install TWRP using ADB command
Step 5: Format Data using TWRP(am I missing anything here)
Step 6: Reboot to TWRP
Step 7: Move the Downloaded EU ROM to Phone storage
Step 8: Install the ROM using TWRP
Step 9: Format Data Again + Wipe Cache and Dalvik using TWRP
Step 10: Reboot the phone
Now on EU ROM.

Please let me know the above steps are in order and correct. Am I missing anything?

Mark F

Members
Aug 15, 2020
@Mark F, Thank you for a detailed guide. I will be moving to EU ROM from CN ROM on my Mi 10 Ultra today (As its been a week after I apply for bootloader unlock)

Moving from CN ROM (stable V12.1.1.0) to EU ROM (Latest) weekly beta MIUI 12.5 21.2.24/25

Step 1: Download the latest TWRP (which you shared in earlier post) + Latest Weekly Beta ROM for Mi 10 Ultra (Cas) Both to PC
Step 2: Unlock Bootloader (this will do a factory reset)
Step 3: Boot to Fastboot and install TWRP using ADB command from PC
Step 4: Boot straight to TWRP Recovery
Step 5: Move the Downloaded EU ROM to Phone storage by either mounting PC from TWRP or putting new ROM on USB stick and mounting that
Step 6: Install the ROM using TWRP
Step 7: Format Data using TWRP, must be FORMAT and not just wipe on any change of ROM branch like this
Step 8: Reboot to system from TWRP, May take up to 5 or 6 minutes but as long as you see 5G and then MIUI logo, it will be fine, just wait.
Now on EU ROM.
Step 9: Set up phone with screen lock of pattern (currently as TWRP cannot decrypt ROM for updates when screen lock is set to pin or password)
Hopefully everything covered in the changed lines above but here is a link to the latest version of the guide, https://mega.nz/file/fIoWUD4a#q1S3wYoOltgaPcchAiXc3dHal7Sf31k5BZQBM4xy6NE

Message me if you need any help or run in to any issues, Good luck and enjoy.

MaerzadNazmi

Members
Jan 15, 2021

Step 1: Download the latest TWRP (which you shared in earlier post) + Latest Weekly Beta ROM for Mi 10 Ultra (Cas)
Step 2: Unlock Bootloader (this is do a factory reset)
Step 3: Reboot the phone and set up pattern lock (to avoid issue on TWRP)
Step 4: Boot to Fastboot and install TWRP using ADB command
Step 5: Format Data using TWRP(am I missing anything here)
Step 6: Reboot to TWRP
Step 7: Move the Downloaded EU ROM to Phone storage
Step 8: Install the ROM using TWRP
Step 9: Format Data Again + Wipe Cache and Dalvik using TWRP
Step 10: Reboot the phone
Now on EU ROM.

Please let me know the above steps are in order and correct. Am I missing anything?
Step 3: Reboot phone and check unlock status. No need set any security.
Step 6 not required.

Step 9 is required because this is a fresh install. Otherwise you'll be stuck at MIUI boot screen. One other thing not mentioned frquently, the first boot will take around 5-10 minutes. If it takes longer than that, shutdown, and reboot into fastboot > TWRP and format data.

MaerzadNazmi

Members
Jan 15, 2021
If you need a video tutorial, this guys does a very great job.

Watch both of them as one of them uses a .bat script to push TWRP while the other typed in all the commands manually. The first one is better in my opinion, as it is really broken down into very basic steps but he didn't use a .bat script to push TWRP. Using .bat script is way easier and foolproof.

Sajo K J

Members
Mar 13, 2016
Thank you for sharing the video. Fingers closed, hope everything goes well. will update you once done.

Mark F

Members
Aug 15, 2020
You are trying update a Chinese ROM from outside China. Use a VPN with a Chinese server to fake that you are there and it will download. It's them trying to restrict the phones use outside the intended area.

Reactions: Poney70

Sajo K J

Members
Mar 13, 2016
@Mark F and @MaerzadNazmi ,

Thank you for all the help provided.
I had successfully moved to EU MIUI Weekly build.
Does this weekly build have OTA Update released weekly? or should I need to manually flash the same using TWRP.

If its OTA will it work as normal stock update without losing any Data? Should I need to take care of anything special while updating?

Zencooler

Members
Aug 24, 2020
@Mark F and @MaerzadNazmi ,

Thank you for all the help provided.
I had successfully moved to EU MIUI Weekly build.
Does this weekly build have OTA Update released weekly? or should I need to manually flash the same using TWRP.

If its OTA will it work as normal stock update without losing any Data? Should I need to take care of anything special while updating?
You can update with no data wiping using OTA uodate. Then after rom is downloaded restart into TWRP and flash rom with no wipe

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

Mark F

Members
Aug 15, 2020
OTA normally shows by Saturday night. It still uses twrp as above post, but if you want to download it earlier, then it appears on telegram Thursday evening or here in the EU forum on a Friday. And yes, as above, all updates just need a dalvik and cache wipe, no format.

Sajo K J

Members
Mar 13, 2016
Thank you guys, I had successfully updated to MIUI 12.5 21.3.3

Would have moved to EU ROM long back.

Sajo K J

Members
Mar 13, 2016
One of the major reason why I moved to EU ROM is Contacts sync issue on Google on CN ROM.

But the issue still persist is EU ROM too.

Here's the issue, at times my Phone contacts goes blank. All my contacts are synced to my Google account. Once I restart the phone then the contacts are back. Any solution to fix this issue.

Even this issue happens I can't open Google contacts app too

ekonstadoudakis

Members
Apr 20, 2014
After flashing the new twrp-3.5.0-0-umi-manuelbianco, how much time takes first time it enters in twrp?

Let me answer it....veryyyyyyy long time!!!

Last edited:

sergiobodyweb.

Members
Mar 15, 2021
*** Edit ***

Now it works but is telling me to wait 167 hours, I know that it's like this, but it's absurd, I have to wait a week or two before I can use the phone....

Last edited:

Zencooler

Members
Aug 24, 2020
*** Edit ***

Now it works but is telling me to wait 167 hours, I know that it's like this, but it's absurd, I have to wait a week or two before I can use the phone....
This is not an absurd. This is a way Xiaomi prevents of the mass changing roms and making the business on moving smartphones between markets. I support this idea
And to be honest I was waiting for this 7-days periods few times. We need to be patient. That's easy.

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

Reactions: Mark F and Poney70

Offensive

Members
Feb 10, 2017
Hi there,

So, if i download the stable beta for the Ultra, do i flash it using the fastboot method and .bat file ? Or via TWRP ?

Thank you.