[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

Less than 10 hours to wait to unlock my own
First install TWRP and then restart directly on it to flash the ROM
I had to wait 7 days, LOL.
The flashing and twrp guide talks about two ways to flash the device, "Fastboot ROM flashing" and "TWRP install ROM. Am I getting this wrong?

edit* : Ok, from what I'm getting both are fine, but via TWRP should be safer.

Last edited:
No way to install the TWRP, it keeps giving me errors.
I'm flashing it directly.

Done, correctly installed.

Last edited:
No way to install the TWRP, it keeps giving me errors.
I'm flashing it directly.

Done, correctly installed.
Xiaomi eu.rom successfully installed
I used TWRP 3.4.2b taken on mifirm just one click and the last weekly rom 21.3.17 / 18
After installing TWRP which directly restarted in TWRP I made a complete format (yes) because the system displayed 0MB and impossible to display the drive on the pc
After having copied the rom on the phone via pc I did an installation then a format (yes) and then deletion of davilk cache and reboot
everything is Okay for the moment just Mi remite Missing

Xiaomi eu.rom successfully installed
I used TWRP 3.4.2b taken on mifirm just one click and the last weekly rom 21.3.17 / 18
After installing TWRP which directly restarted in TWRP I made a complete format (yes) because the system displayed 0MB and impossible to display the drive on the pc
After having copied the rom on the phone via pc I did an installation then a format (yes) and then deletion of davilk cache and reboot
everything is Okay for the moment just Mi remite Missing
Yes I know, but the TWRP wasn't even starting on my PC.
I had an error even before I launched the TWRP. Probably due to the Windows running on a virtual environment on Mac.

Ok, all is fine, European ROM is fine, phone is ok, but....... Google Pay doesn't work becaus its says "Phone may be rooted or unsecure". Nice.
Any idea on how to fix this?

Ok, all is fine, European ROM is fine, phone is ok, but....... Google Pay doesn't work becaus its says "Phone may be rooted or unsecure". Nice.
Any idea on how to fix this?
But what's the installed ROM's version? We can't help you without this info. :)

Thank you Poney70, the ROM is the xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_20.9.3_v12-10-fastboot .
Why are you trying to use such old weekly rom??? This is oldest EU rom for Mi Ultra.
If you want to pass SafetyNet and use GPay you need to patch boot image using Magisk Manager and flash it once again via fastboot. Then use Magisk module Magiskhide Props Config and set up force basic attestation and also you have to hide Google Pay Services and GPay app in Magisk Hide.
But if you don't want to use all this steps just flash TWRP and flash latest weekly EU rom. Then you will pass SafetyNet without needing additional steps with Magisk

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

Reactions: Poney70
Why are you trying to use such old weekly rom??? This is oldest EU rom for Mi Ultra.
If you want to pass SafetyNet and use GPay you need to patch boot image using Magisk Manager and flash it once again via fastboot. Then use Magisk module Magiskhide Props Config and set up force basic attestation and also you have to hide Google Pay Services and GPay app in Magisk Hide.
But if you don't want to use all this steps just flash TWRP and flash latest weekly EU rom. Then you will pass SafetyNet without needing additional steps with Magisk

Thx.
No idea, I thought I took the last Miui 12.1 stable, but obviously not, LOL.
Ok, I'll flash it again.
Stable or Weekly ? https://sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-eu-multilang-miui-roms/files/xiaomi.eu/

Any idea also on how to back up and restore ALL (btu all) I have in the phone? It's frustrating to reaset and install all the programs again.

Last edited:
Thx.
No idea, I thought I took the last Miui 12.1 stable, but obviously not, LOL.
Ok, I'll flash it again. Can you link me a good working ROM please?

Any idea also on how to back up and restore ALL (btu all) I have in the phone? It's frustrating to reaset and install all the programs again.
First of all you should choose one of two option:
1) stable EU rom (based on MIUI 12)
2) weekly EU rom (based on MIUI 12.5)
Then you can install rom via TWRP and next updates will not need to format data partition (you will keep your apps and settings) so you will run the update of the new rom just as a zip installation via TWRP
Downloads:
Ad 1) stable is available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-STABLE-RELEASES/MIUIv12/
Ad 2) weekly is available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/21.3.17/

Good luck.

You need twrp replacing the stock recovery. Once do e, you don't need your PC again. Just download the ROM and install from twrp each time, wiping cache and dalvik after then reboot system

You need twrp replacing the stock recovery. Once do e, you don't need your PC again. Just download the ROM and install from twrp each time, wiping cache and dalvik after then reboot system
Ok, so can I use tha TWRP app to do that or I must install the TWRP recovery image the first time only on PC?

Ok, so can I use tha TWRP app to do that or I must install the TWRP recovery image the first time only on PC?
Flash TWRP using fastboot (means: you need to do it via PC). This is only one time you have to do it so use any PC of your family or friends

Flash TWRP using fastboot (means: you need to do it via PC). This is only one time you have to do it so use any PC of your family or friends

Thx Zencooler.
Unfortunately that's not an option at the moment. I will find a way to flash it from the simulated Windows. There is a procedure to do to launch correctly commands.

Last edited:
How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 10 Ultra

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for cas is released

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
- Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
- Download our ROM zip file xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_20.9.3_v12-10
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
- Download our ROM zip file
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 5min)

Update via OTA:
Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)
I'm I getting this right?
If I flash a second time using your ROM I WON'T DELETE my data?
(now I have this installed xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_20.9.3_v12-10-fastboot )
Problem is that there is no fastboot recent version for the Mi 10 Ultra, LOL. Because for direct flashing I need a fastboot version, right?

Last edited:
The version you flashed was before twrp had been found and is from September 2020. There has been many stable and weekly branch versions since but you need to install twrp first.
I cannot remember what branch the fastboot version was based on but as it is so old, it would be best to format anyway if you want to change branches to weekly or stable. But once you choose a branch, weekly ( nearly every week but may have small bugs) or stable (only updated now and again but more stable) you must stay on that branch. If you do, each update only requires a simple cache and dalvik wipe, no loss of data. If you decide to switch branches, then you must format your data due to possible partition differences between them. If you don't, you may get caught in a boot loop until you do.
So your next step is to replace your stock recovery with twrp using the phone in fastboot and connected to a pc. Once done, you can do all your updates from your phone using the twrp recovery. Just download your new branch version and install but as I said, as you are so far behind, might be worth formatting and restore your data after.
If you want some help and information on how to do this please download my guide from my mega page here, https://mega.nz/file/fIoWUD4a#q1S3wYoOltgaPcchAiXc3dHal7Sf31k5BZQBM4xy6NE

Or of course, come back here and ask away. Everyone here are here to help.

Reactions: MaxM83 and Nelfapi
The version you flashed was before twrp had been found and is from September 2020. There has been many stable and weekly branch versions since but you need to install twrp first.
I cannot remember what branch the fastboot version was based on but as it is so old, it would be best to format anyway if you want to change branches to weekly or stable. But once you choose a branch, weekly ( nearly every week but may have small bugs) or stable (only updated now and again but more stable) you must stay on that branch. If you do, each update only requires a simple cache and dalvik wipe, no loss of data. If you decide to switch branches, then you must format your data due to possible partition differences between them. If you don't, you may get caught in a boot loop until you do.
So your next step is to replace your stock recovery with twrp using the phone in fastboot and connected to a pc. Once done, you can do all your updates from your phone using the twrp recovery. Just download your new branch version and install but as I said, as you are so far behind, might be worth formatting and restore your data after.
If you want some help and information on how to do this please download my guide from my mega page here, https://mega.nz/file/fIoWUD4a#q1S3wYoOltgaPcchAiXc3dHal7Sf31k5BZQBM4xy6NE

Or of course, come back here and ask away. Everyone here are here to help.
Thank you very much Mark, I already have your guide, very precious.
Unfortunately I quickly read the first post of this thread and and I assumed the information were updated, well, nope.

Will do like you and the others told me, the Windows emulated thing can be solved using commands in a properly peculiar way.

Reactions: MaxM83
Ok, I'm trying to flash the TWRP and the weekly release after.
Zencooler, do you confirm that the last weekly update on TWRP can work with Google Pay?

So, I installed twrp.img (supposedly), but I'm not able to reboot in in recovery mode, not even by pressing the "up volume button + off", it always go back to Fastoboot or load the old ROM.

This the message on the console :

C:\Users\sergi\Desktop\TWRP Fastboot>fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Sending 'recovery' (131072 KB) OKAY [ 2.905s]
Writing 'recovery' OKAY [ 0.346s]
Finished. Total time: 3.295s

C:\Users\sergi\Desktop\TWRP Fastboot>fastboot boot twrp.img
Sending 'boot.img' (131072 KB) OKAY [ 2.882s]
Booting FAILED (remote: 'Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error')
fastboot: error: Command failed

The first time the boot twrp.imag command worked, but the cellphone wasn't rebooting
I tried several times to flash the twrp.img image, and that goaes fine, then the boot in recovery mode is impossible.

Last edited:
If you don't put twrp on at least, you won't be able to update anyway. If you really don't want to format, once twrp has replaced stock recovery, you could just try the inbuilt update by pressing on the number 12 within settings / device and see what update is available from your current ROM version? I'm not sure what branch the original is on but it will be A10 and so far behind. Up to you but if you back up by mi cloud, it restores pretty quick.

Attachments

• IMG_20210325_194134.jpg
    IMG_20210325_194134.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_20210325_194151.jpg
    IMG_20210325_194151.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 179
This is the screen Mark, says updated and won't proceed.
the real problem is that I cant boot into recovery mode, as mentioned above.

Ok, I found another TWRP and this is working, booted by itself in recovery mode, installing ROM.... let's see, finger crossed.
Slowly starting the New ROM....

And it's a go !

Last edited:
Yes, right screen but does show you are on weekly branch so it should be possible to update without format, once twrp is installed, all though I would recommend it, just in case as your version is sol very old. Latest version, well last week is here https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/21-3-17-18.60386/
But please, get an off phone backup or access to your data in place just in case.

Really weird, I've installed the MIUI 12.5 - 21.3.17 and I still have all my old data, phone untouched except for the MUI version.