[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

Not weird, you were on weekly from your screenshot. Just glad it updated ok being such an old version. Great news.

Ok, I'm trying to flash the TWRP and the weekly release after.
Zencooler, do you confirm that the last weekly update on TWRP can work with Google Pay?

So, I installed twrp.img (supposedly), but I'm not able to reboot in in recovery mode, not even by pressing the "up volume button + off", it always go back to Fastoboot or load the old ROM.

This the message on the console :

C:\Users\sergi\Desktop\TWRP Fastboot>fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Sending 'recovery' (131072 KB) OKAY [ 2.905s]
Writing 'recovery' OKAY [ 0.346s]
Finished. Total time: 3.295s

C:\Users\sergi\Desktop\TWRP Fastboot>fastboot boot twrp.img
Sending 'boot.img' (131072 KB) OKAY [ 2.882s]
Booting FAILED (remote: 'Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error')
fastboot: error: Command failed

The first time the boot twrp.imag command worked, but the cellphone wasn't rebooting
I tried several times to flash the twrp.img image, and that goaes fine, then the boot in recovery mode is impossible.
Yes, I can confirm. GPay works fine.
Please remember that after flashing TWRP you should reboot directly to TWRP (not into system). This will avoid the overwrighting the stock recovery again. If you flash TWRP via fastboot after flash command simply use the command for rebooting into recovery.img.
Good luck.

EDIT: I see you have already solved the issue. Great
Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

Don't use the beta, it's terrible, the stable EU ROM is bad enough since Android 11. I had to go back to the android 10 version because nothing worked right.
Hello. like what? what is so bad about beta? why should I go back to Android 10?
I have been using weekly for a while now and have not had any problems with daily use everything works as it should.
But I'm not an expert so I want to hear from you what's as bad as you say.
That's not how I experience it.
I would like to know it ?
Thanks for your reply in advance.

Reactions: biscoot
Me too, I've been on weekly since first ROM, never had any issues. Use it hard every day.
I think some people have heard bad things, so just repeat them and never try. Let's see if anyone comes forward and says what problems they have with it against the EU stable, not stock.

Reactions: Abu Joseph
The version you flashed was before twrp had been found and is from September 2020. There has been many stable and weekly branch versions since but you need to install twrp first.
I cannot remember what branch the fastboot version was based on but as it is so old, it would be best to format anyway if you want to change branches to weekly or stable. But once you choose a branch, weekly ( nearly every week but may have small bugs) or stable (only updated now and again but more stable) you must stay on that branch. If you do, each update only requires a simple cache and dalvik wipe, no loss of data. If you decide to switch branches, then you must format your data due to possible partition differences between them. If you don't, you may get caught in a boot loop until you do.
So your next step is to replace your stock recovery with twrp using the phone in fastboot and connected to a pc. Once done, you can do all your updates from your phone using the twrp recovery. Just download your new branch version and install but as I said, as you are so far behind, might be worth formatting and restore your data after.
If you want some help and information on how to do this please download my guide from my mega page here, https://mega.nz/file/fIoWUD4a#q1S3wYoOltgaPcchAiXc3dHal7Sf31k5BZQBM4xy6NE

Or of course, come back here and ask away. Everyone here are here to help.
I downloaded the guide but wich trwp I have to choose from the link

There are only 2, both work the same, one says 10 pro, the other 10 ultra. Neither one works with pin or password, you need to set pattern currently. Or download the one on this forums ROM download page or via my link or http://mifirm.net

Hi all. I'm new to the forums and might be posting this in the wrong place (tell me if that's the case!).

I'm keen to purchase a mi10 ultra to replace my mate 20 pro. I'm concerned about using a Chinese only phone in the UK with either the Chinese ROM or the global stable or weekly ROM. These are my key requirements. Does anyone know if I may have issues for these cases? It's a lot of money for me to spend just to check these will work ok!

1. Use the Intune Company Portal app. This lets you, as an employee of your company, securely access those resources. E.g. Microsoft 365 apps like Teams, Outlook etc.
2. Use the pix4d and DJI go 4 app
3. Use Google pay
4. Use UK banking and credit card apps likes Nationwide, NatWest, Virgin money etc.
5. Use home screen widgets like Google calendar, Gmail, Microsoft 365 apps etc.

Is there a list of outstanding issues or bugs for the stable and weekly ROM for each device?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

I use a 10 ultra in the UK. I have no issues with Gpay, Lloyds Bank or widgets but you do need to use any branch of EU ROM, but not stock Chinese stable or weekly branch.

Don't forget that there is no 4G band 20, so if you use O2 or anyone who uses O2 network like Tesco or Sky, you will have limited 4G as they all use band 20 as there main 4G band. However, I use Sky and as I can't use 4G, my 3G is super fast and I don't miss it. My second SIM uses EE, so plenty of 4G there on my company SIM.

Intune works fine with EU ROM but if you get basic GMS apps installed on stock Chinese ROM, then it won't work until you install the EU ROM. One other thing to note is that the current version of twrp recovery needed to flash EU ROMs can only decrypt using pattern screen lock. Intune needs 6 digit PIN or password. So when you try to update your ROM, you will need to switch off Intune, swap to pattern screen lock, update and then go back to your secure screen lock and then enable Intune again.

This is a great phone but if you can afford it, go for the 11 Ultra. It has band 20 4G and will be available in UK soon. This will run Intune in the Xiaomi UK ROM, so no need for EU ROM ( although the EU version is still better than stock UK or Global ROMs).

Hope it helps you decide the best route.

Thanks mark! It does indeed help. Great to hear the Intune works with a minor on off when updating. Do you need to do this each time you update?

My preference is to go with the stable EU ROM that way not as many updates. Does the weekly update EU ROM have significant benefits over stable?

I love the look and soec of the 11 ultra but budget constrainted. My plan is to upgrade to this next year so alway be 1 year behind new flagships. If the 11 pro was coming to the UK I would have waited but shame it's not. Any idea if the current EU ROM would work on the Mi11 pro or need to wait for this to be rolled out/tested and debugged?

Thanks again! If anyone else has a view I'd very much appreciate it!

I'm looking at buying it new via the likes of bludiode and pay for taxes. Still seems to be cheaper than buying second hand off eBay!

Yes, stay with stable, updates are around quarterley but less hassle to do with Intune. Worse thing is to de-register and register again, Intune is OK with that as Long as your IT is. Try WandaMobile in HG. You dont pay taxes as they ship to Manchester and then to you, so if anmy taxes are due, they pick them up. Shipping is around £7 DHL smooth method or whatever they call it. Worth paying as you then pay no tax. I havce bought many from them including my 11 Ultra ordered for later this month.
As with all Xiaomi phone, even the China only like 10 ultra, Im pretty sure the Xiaomi EU guys will get a ROM out for it. It may well be different to the standard 11, so keep your eye out.
Obvioulsy I dont know how savy you are with Custom ROMs etc but you will need to unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi phones, this is OK with them but you need to wait a week before the actual unlock can take place. When you do, it will format the phone, so worth going through the 168 hour wait and then actually unlocking when you have a ROM and TWRP or Fastboot ROM to install. I wrote a guide for the 10 Ultra, take a read. It is based back when there was no TWRP availablke and the EU guys made a fastboot ROM version. Now TWRP is available every update is a .zip format for TWRP. Take a read of this doc and you can always m,essage me closer to the time if you need any help or advice. https://mega.nz/file/fIoWUD4a#q1S3wYoOltgaPcchAiXc3dHal7Sf31k5BZQBM4xy6NE

And I nearly forgot, the 10 Ultra has reduced network bands as it was for China only. It mainly affects O2 or virtual networks based on O2. The 10 Ultra has no band 20 4G, so as O2 uses this for most long range 4G masts, the 10 Ultra is left on 3G only for most of the time. But it's 3G is dam fast as everyone else is now on 4G. Obviously if your on EE or Three, you'll be fine but worth checking before you commit.

Last edited:
Reactions: MattWearmouth88
Thanks again mark. I was just looking at wonda! No taxes is a bonus. Will Intune work on Chinese ROM whilst waiting for Mi11 EU ROM? Guess you will b in that position when you get the ultra?

Now can't decide between mi10 ultra 256gb for 650 Vs Mi11 pro 128gb for same price!

The version of GMS put on mine wouldn't run Intune. You need a full version put on and that only come with the EU ROM. The ultra is a far better phone with full EU ROMs available now. It has a 120w charger, full charge in 20 mins or so. Super camera and a year's worth of support behind it. But the 11 Pro has band 20 apparently but that only matters if you use O2 based networks, where the 10 ultra hasn't.

Reactions: MattWearmouth88
Thanks. I'm gonna stick with my original plan and go for the M10 ultra. Like you say it has months of dev behind it and will be a while before EU ROM becomes available and stable. Intune support is a key thing for me.

If you go for the M11 ultra will you be able to flash the international ROM as the phone is being released globally?

New one for us, stable 12.5.1.0 available !! ;)
Anyone tried it yet?
My newbie self may hold off for the moment as only have the notification order bug and full screen gestures issues on current version for me which i've learnt to live with, but cannot risk upgrading and losing google pay/safetynet/banking apps/fingerprint support.

Last edited:
Reactions: aegdawson
Thanks. I'm gonna stick with my original plan and go for the M10 ultra. Like you say it has months of dev behind it and will be a while before EU ROM becomes available and stable. Intune support is a key thing for me.

If you go for the M11 ultra will you be able to flash the international ROM as the phone is being released globally?
Yes, unlock bootloader, and flash when it's available.

The version of GMS put on mine wouldn't run Intune. You need a full version put on and that only come with the EU ROM. The ultra is a far better phone with full EU ROMs available now. It has a 120w charger, full charge in 20 mins or so. Super camera and a year's worth of support behind it. But the 11 Pro has band 20 apparently but that only matters if you use O2 based networks, where the 10 ultra hasn't.
Hey mark, I've read your latest comments and it seems like you know quite a lot about miui and mi phones in general :D

I'm about to buy a mi11 pro directly from taobao and get it shipped to me (germany) via a freight forwarder.

I really love the 11 pro as I dont need the second screen and the other cameras the ultra has. It comes with all the 4G and 5G bands I need here in germany/spain and the price is really good.

My only concern is if there will be a xiaomi.eu rom with full widevine support and safetynet pass in order to use google pay and my banking apps. I have no problem with using magisk etc. (Have some experience as I tried a lot with my mix2s and my mi5 back in the days).

Yeah, would be cool to see what you think about it and if there will be most likely a stable and hassle free xiaomi.eu rom with no restrictions or downsides comparing to the official xiaomi europe roms (that come with the phones you buy here locally).

Have a good evening and thanks in advance!!!

I don't work for the guys here on Xiaomi EU forums or ROMs but I would expect them to continue to support newer phones as they did with the 10 ultra. They already have a forum page https://xiaomi.eu/community/forums/xiaomi-mi-11-pro-ultra-lite.211/ for all Xiaomi 11 models so I think they will. All their ROMs are based on stock versions, so I would think that they will have full support for DRM and banking app security, so hopefully no need for magisk. Nothing worse than messing with root as some apps seem to know even with most hiding methods.
The 11 pro is a Chinese release only, but as you said, it does have global network bands, so good for everyone. It's going to be a dam quick phone fast than my 11 Ultra on order as it has less fancy bits to run on the pro.

I have been really happy with my 10ultra and coming from many Huawei phones, p40proplus being the last, I was hesitant to come to Xiaomi but this has been very good. I've just recommend it to someone who wants to stay a year back, keeping costs down, but the 10ultra is still a very good phone at two thirds the original cost.

Let's see what happens but I think it will be bright for all Xiaomi 11 users.

Reactions: vinnik123
Anyone tried it yet?
My newbie self may hold off for the moment as only have the notification order bug and full screen gestures issues on current version for me which i've learnt to live with, but cannot risk upgrading and losing google pay/safetynet/banking apps/fingerprint support.
Yes, i have install the new rom, it looks ok for the moment !! ;)

Hello everyone,

I am going to follow the steps to install the EU rom on my Mi10 Ultra but I wanted to ask a question. Has anyone who has done this noticed any fix in notification delay/problems? In the stock CN rom I am having the worst delay with nearly all notifications coming hours later (if at all), and I've tried every other method to try and fix with no luck. Just curious if the EU rom installation has fixed this for anyone, or if it still happens.

Thanks, I will let you know how it goes!

They work as they should in the EU ROM. I had problems too with stock but once switched, they just worked. A11 does have far more notification configuration options than A10, so have a good delve around the notification menu in the app setting themselves.