[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

Is anyone facing issues with NFC on the latest stable ROM? Can't seem to get it to work. Online GPay works just fine but not NFC.

Did this work for anyone using windows? I don't have Linux or Mac

I saw a post on here about a TWRP - https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-10-ultra-unofficial-twrp.57273/

@ingbrzy

A Big Thank you to you for making this possible!!!
Hi,
after downloading the zip file did you "allow" the zip content? by right click the zip file/ left click on propertys in the bottom of the context menu/ click checkbox "allow". I attached a picture.

Did you follow the video about how to install the rom?

Attachments

• allow_zip.jpg
    allow_zip.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 208
How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 10 Ultra

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for cas is released

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
- Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
- Download our ROM zip file
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_20.9.3_v12-10
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 5min)

Update via OTA:
Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)

Thank you :D

Hi everybody, i hope i can get some help, i tried to flash my mi 10 ultra i did all the process but the TWRP doesnt work, i mean my pc sais instalation successful but when i press volum up and power button does not send me to the TWarp, it just make a factory reset, what am i doing wrong? why am i not aviable to see the TWRP even that my computer is telling me instalation successful ?.
Thank you

Did you reboot after? If you don't boot straight to twrp, the stock Chinese ROM will overwrite it and replace with its own.
You need to have your EU ROM ready on a pc or usb stick. Push twrp using fastboot, reboot to twrp and flash EU ROM, format data, reboot to system. First boot will take ages but as long as you see 5G and miui, it will be fine, just wait.
If you want more info, read my guide from twrp to install .zip ROMs. Or follow the instructions on the forums ROM download page.

Did you reboot after? If you don't boot straight to twrp, the stock Chinese ROM will overwrite it and replace with its own.
You need to have your EU ROM ready on a pc or usb stick. Push twrp using fastboot, reboot to twrp and flash EU ROM, format data, reboot to system. First boot will take ages but as long as you see 5G and miui, it will be fine, just wait.
If you want more info, read my guide from twrp to install .zip ROMs. Or follow the instructions on the forums ROM download page.

Thank you for the response, i have done more of the things now, I manage to install the TWRP, now when i reboot it works, but now im getting an error when i try to install the Rom, im getting this error for any action i want to do inside the TWRP, even when i want to format or wipe it show me during the process the following error:

"Failed to mount '/odm' (invalid argument)"

this is the error im getting always and than stops the proccesing and ask me to reboot.

My phone is stuck bc i cant even turn it on to use it. So i can just be at fastboot mode or the TWRP mode, i cant do anything else, how can i fix this ?
thank you in advance

You haven't said what ROM you are trying to install but you must have a EU stable or weekly in a .zip format in your PC or OTG usb stick.
TBH, I would start again in Fastboot with everything ready. Push twrp in fastboot, reboot to twrp using fastboot command on your pc.
Once in twrp, use the twrp menu to format data and confirm by typing yes. Then mount usb or pc to copy over ROM to phone or install the ROM from the device. Once done, format again and confirm by typing yes. Then using twrp menu, reboot to system. You will need to wait a while but as long as you see 5g and then miui, it's ok, just wait till it's ready. The process is all in that doc I gave you a link to. But don't panic, you can always recover.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I just now installed the EU ROM on my Mi 10 Ultra by following the guide here (
)as it was a little more in-depth and this is the first time I have ever customized a phone in my life. It worked perfectly and I am currently running ROM xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_V12.0.10.0.QJJCNXM. I noticed that there are quite a few newer EU ROM releases, even some based on Android 11 as found here (https://mifirm.net/model/cas.ttt#eu). I would like to update to the newest stable ROM V12.5.1.0.RJJCNXM. Can anyone provide me with instructions on how the update process works? I've found some of the posts here helpful, but confusing as well because I am so new to this.

And a huge thanks to everyone behind all this, having working notifications on my mi 10 ultra is literally the greatest thing i can think of :)

Last edited:
Reactions: notko
Same here. I am running ROM xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_V12.0.10.0.QJJCNXM and when i start check for the updates, it says you "You are up to date!"

Is it worth upgrading to 12.5 version?

Hi, the most recent EU ROM is the stable 12.5 and it's here, https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-STABLE-RELEASES/MIUIv12/ on the stable downloads page. Mifirm is great but it shows all ROMs, not just EU stable. Now you are on this branch you need to stay on it or face formatting your device when changing due to partition differences between them.

If you still have twrp installed, then make sure you are using pattern screen lock or twrp will not be able to decrypt your ROM for update. Download the ROM, reboot to recovery, install ROM from the twrp file explorer, wipe dalvik and cache, reboot to system. First boot will take ages but as long as you see 5G and then miui, it will be fine, just wait. All done.

Reactions: notko
Should i upgrade like this (instructions from first site):

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 5min)

Only if you are still on stock Chinese. If you have already installed an EU ROM and have twrp, then install updates as above post but stay on the same branch. Stable to stable or weekly to weekly, then you don't have to format, just a dalvik and cache wipe after installation using twrp.

Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

There is no such script in zip file

TWRP is available for your device so you have to install TWRP and flash/install latests Xiaomi.eu ROMs (zip files) in TWRP. ;)

EDIT: You don't need to do a clean install if you already flashed a previous Xiaomi.eu Stable ROM version. :)

Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

As it came like this, go to the forums download page and install twrp using those instructions. Then update as I posted earlier to the latest 12.5 stable version.

How to check if my bootloader is unlocked
Under Setting - Additional settings - Developer options i dont see Mi Unlock status. I am little bit confused now.

Here it is on mine, see attached screenshot.

Attachments

• IMG_20210410_142702.jpg
    IMG_20210410_142702.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 241
Ok...on my Mi 10 Ultra everything is allready unlocked and i have also TWRP allready installed...but...TWPR is some china version for Mi 10 Pro.

I wanted to flash new TWRP but i am stuck in fastboot mode, withous devices showing...also in device manager, there is no driver installed. I google it and i should install Mi Drivers, but i dont find them.

In normal mode i can list devices with adb, but not in fastboot.

Hi, the most recent EU ROM is the stable 12.5 and it's here, https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-STABLE-RELEASES/MIUIv12/ on the stable downloads page. Mifirm is great but it shows all ROMs, not just EU stable. Now you are on this branch you need to stay on it or face formatting your device when changing due to partition differences between them.

If you still have twrp installed, then make sure you are using pattern screen lock or twrp will not be able to decrypt your ROM for update. Download the ROM, reboot to recovery, install ROM from the twrp file explorer, wipe dalvik and cache, reboot to system. First boot will take ages but as long as you see 5G and then miui, it will be fine, just wait. All done.
Hi Mark,

I have tried using the latest EU rom and your instructions. But when i go into TWRP and try to install the zip file it says "Zip file is corrupt!" and then will not install the file. Have you run into this issue before? This is for the stable 12.5.

Thanks again

Hi Mark,

I have tried using the latest EU rom and your instructions. But when i go into TWRP and try to install the zip file it says "Zip file is corrupt!" and then will not install the file. Have you run into this issue before? This is for the stable 12.5.

Thanks again
Update:

I was able to find a solution to my problem. I had to use TWRP - mount - then copy over the rom to the phone in recovery, then follow your install instructions. Seems copying the rom before was leaving the file incomplete. Just thought I'd share if anyone else ran into the same problem.

Thanks again for the steps Mark, much appreciated.

Reactions: Mark F
Ok...on my Mi 10 Ultra everything is allready unlocked and i have also TWRP allready installed...but...TWPR is some china version for Mi 10 Pro.

I wanted to flash new TWRP but i am stuck in fastboot mode, withous devices showing...also in device manager, there is no driver installed. I google it and i should install Mi Drivers, but i dont find them.

In normal mode i can list devices with adb, but not in fastboot.
That twrp is right ( no need to update it, the newer one just says 10 ultra). It's the same version as mine, so don't worry. Just download the right branch update, go to twrp and install, then once complete, wipe dalvik and cache then reboot system.

[/QUOTE]
Update:

I was able to find a solution to my problem. I had to use TWRP - mount - then copy over the rom to the phone in recovery, then follow your install instructions. Seems copying the rom before was leaving the file incomplete. Just thought I'd share if anyone else ran into the same problem.

Thanks again for the steps Mark, much appreciated.
Hi,

It seems like you succeeded to install that 12.5 FW. I tried to download (from my phone) and install it many times but still face to the same error saying File verifying failed, so can't install it. Could you explain me what you did? Thanks

Have they fixed any of the problems with the android 11 version like not being able to use a screen lock other than pattern if you want to use TWRP? Or the general buginess where lots of stuff didn't work?
It's not the A11 that's not working, it's the TWRP version that needs to be updated to work with latest A11 versions. Pin and password work fine, you just need to return to pattern to use TWRP to update, then switch back after.

It's not the A11 that's not working, it's the TWRP version that needs to be updated to work with latest A11 versions. Pin and password work fine, you just need to return to pattern to use TWRP to update, then switch back after.
Thanks for the tip! I nearly had a heart attack when I couldn't decrypt in twrp to flash to the latest stable version

Reactions: Mark F