[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

Why are you going from weekly to stable? If you keep swapping, your need to wipe data each time? Stay on one branch or the other.

Why are you going from weekly to stable? If you keep swapping, your need to wipe data each time? Stay on one branch or the other.
I will stay on stable, thats why I want to do it now before I have made all settings etc in the menues.

The reason that I will choose stable is that this will be my main phone that I use for work and I do not want to uppdate it that often, hence I prefer missing some of the newest stuff. I should have been thinking about this from the beginning but was so eager just to get rid uf the chineese versions. More then 10 years since working in the industry so It felt like it was the first time flashing a phone (which it was from a "knowledge perspective", hence I'm very thankfull to all helpful people in this thread).

Reactions: Mark F
Hi all, im new here

Can i check if i unlock bootloader to flash, does that mean banking apps cannot work anymore as bootloader is unlocked?

Hi all, im new here

Can i check if i unlock bootloader to flash, does that mean banking apps cannot work anymore as bootloader is unlocked?
Hi, my banking and other security requirement apps work fine. Just don't root. Unlocking and flashing is fine, Lloyds works ok as does sky go. Both of these moan if rooted and refuse to work but work fine with unlocked bootloader, my is.

Root is always a step that might break banking apps and some TV apps etc.

It's not unique to this rom. As ever only root if you're sure :)

So, I copied the latest stable rom (zip file) to the catalogue on the phone and then installed it from within TWRP.
Now I'm stuck at always getting into TWRP when starting the phone. Dalvik etc is deletet but the phone keeps getting stuck into TWRP. Has also made the installation again which did not help.

Last edited:
No, no battery issues and we shouldn't see any as it's based on a good ROM. I am on weekly are you on the same or stable branch?

No, no battery issues and we shouldn't see any as it's based on a good ROM. I am on weekly are you on the same or stable branch?

I'm on weekly as well. This is my battery stats on EU Rom. I get around 6-7hr SOT before switching to EU Rom

120088954_624453084887625_3842201884764266102_n.jpg

Last edited:
I too am on weekly now (changed when I put on twrp)

lmao my msdsn is at 0.79% - no way it should be high!!! Screen is ALWAYS the highest consumer but mine is 27%, it varies.

At this point though I've given superuser access to greenify + l-speed, using their aggressive dozes rather than the built in one

I also recommend Firefox Nightly. your mileage may vary.. but across my old phone & this one I just find it far less intensive

As my phone stands right now, I'm on 76% with 29h 38m standby remaining

MDNSD looks like your problem, mine is only 6% use, your much more. Quick check and others have this too. Not sure what is using it in yours but take a look at this link, https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...og/remove-mdnsd-android-draining-battery/amp/
Looks like it has caused a few issues with others for ages but Firefox seems the biggest culprit, another round up here, https://community.verizonwireless.c...-MDNSD-and-how-do-I-get-rid-of-it/td-p/846635
I've tried looking for solution from Google, XDA and almost everywhere, couldn't find a solution. I've also tried the link you gave me.

I too am on weekly now (changed when I put on twrp)

lmao my msdsn is at 0.79% - no way it should be high!!! Screen is ALWAYS the highest consumer but mine is 27%, it varies.

At this point though I've given superuser access to greenify + l-speed, using their aggressive dozes rather than the built in one

I also recommend Firefox Nightly. your mileage may vary.. but across my old phone & this one I just find it far less intensive

As my phone stands right now, I'm on 76% with 29h 38m standby remaining

For me, MDNSD and Google Play Services are always at the top. I've just installed Greenify as you suggested. Will let you know back!

Reactions: ToneLa
Hello All, i am really new in this forum and also with Xiaomi products. I living in Turkey and i got the mine new Mi 10 Ultra from china. So my question if i am using this can i install Global rom in my phone ? or i need to follow some other installations ? If someone help me I'd appreciate it. Thanks

I've tried looking for solution from Google, XDA and almost everywhere, couldn't find a solution. I've also tried the link you gave me.

For me, MDNSD and Google Play Services are always at the top. I've just installed Greenify as you suggested. Will let you know back!

Good luck!

I'll explain my thinking as Greenify is just the best Snooze Things app that happens to reach quite deep layers and isn't all scammy.

MDSN is a bit like Google Play Services in that they're processes or daemons called on by other apps or processes.

So I think we are looking at a symptom rather than a problem.

Unless you've happened to install some things which sound like they might make lots of ping requests or something - social media, maybe - in which case you take it out and see, I think Greenify (it might be worth granting it further adb permissions if you don't want to root) will snooze enough of the device to hit whatever is causing it.

Hmm see if Greenify System Apps works without root.. That'd be ideal

While MIUI can be annoying with permissions it is making me think "well, why does this app need my location ALL the time?" :)

Basically you should only really lose significant battery when the phone is in your hand with the screen on. With this ROM so far I'm finding that's the default rather than some idealistic dream :)

Good luck!

I'll explain my thinking as Greenify is just the best Snooze Things app that happens to reach quite deep layers and isn't all scammy.

MDSN is a bit like Google Play Services in that they're processes or daemons called on by other apps or processes.

So I think we are looking at a symptom rather than a problem.

Quick update here. It drained 12% overnight again. I've installed Greenify but it doesn't help. 3:47 SoT is way too less. I don't have much apps installed on my phone. I only have Facebook, Messenger and Instagram for social media, and other apps like Netflix, Disney+, VPNs.

120014354_973851803081871_5615781310197571912_n.png

I just re-installed the latest EU beta this morning, and in 1 hour lost 1% battery. Only 0,64% was due to mdnsd (it was the last app in the list).

What banking apps work or not?

I am on xda and someone wants to know if santander works

I would like to know myself. Though I have rooted now so probably none for me!

But if you can say if Santander works please reply to me

Quick update here. It drained 12% overnight again. I've installed Greenify but it doesn't help. 3:47 SoT is way too less. I don't have much apps installed on my phone. I only have Facebook, Messenger and Instagram for social media, and other apps like Netflix, Disney+, VPNs.

View attachment 31999

I don't think 12% overnight is bad at all

But your play services and mdnsd are sky high

I don't use any of the apps you name. I would be wary, to set them as only check location "when app is in use"

The purpose of msdsn, it's like a network poll service.. I could see all of those apps checking if they have network access.

As Appelsap says... My usage is very very low.

You might not like this step! But I recommend flashing (and wipe) again

Before you put ANY apps on check these stats. If you STILL get this usage maybe it is a bug

I run Instagram and whatsapp and Google maps but none of them are allowed to check location unless in use. My device snoozes properly.

Your SOT is worryingly low.

I suspect its one of the apps you mentioned. Hard to say. But yeah msdns... The DNS is the clue. Something is sniffing, polling, looking for a link to its home

It could be a combined effect also

But no, stock EU ROM does not have this drain, and I know it sucks but it pays to be methodical

Going forward I would probably take steps to snooze the offending app. But if it is very bad you could always post your findings in the bug forum.

I think your SOT is way too low even with lots of stuff using msdns.

Reactions: sezinlynn
I don't think 12% overnight is bad at all

But your play services and mdnsd are sky high

But no, stock EU ROM does not have this drain, and I know it sucks but it pays to be methodical

Going forward I would probably take steps to snooze the offending app. But if it is very bad you could always post your findings in the bug forum.

I think your SOT is way too low even with lots of stuff using msdns.

I suspected if it has anything to do with Google Chromecast so I tried disconnecting from WiFi and used LTE for a couple of hours. This is my current battery stats (MDNSD is nowhere to be found). Seems like Chromecast on my TV is triggering mdnsd and GPlay services when the phone is connected to WiFi.

120087655_244184940342499_5907363588440817335_n.png

Very interesting! Look at that usage graph.

You may be onto it. Do you have the Google Home app installed?

I actually use chromecast myself but I find it gets hot so I unplug it when not in use...

But yes, msdns is a connection agent basically, it would make sense if it sniffs out its partner (or vice versa... Google aren't exactly the most data careful of companies)

A good experiment and it already looks very telling.

Very interesting! Look at that usage graph.

You may be onto it. Do you have the Google Home app installed?

I actually use chromecast myself but I find it gets hot so I unplug it when not in use...

But yes, msdns is a connection agent basically, it would make sense if it sniffs out its partner (or vice versa... Google aren't exactly the most data careful of companies)

A good experiment and it already looks very telling.
Yes, I do have Google Home app installed. But my Chromecast is TV built-in and I cannot disable it from TV settings. Do you think Google Home app might be the culprit?

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

Yes, I do have Google Home app installed. But my Chromecast is TV built-in and I cannot disable it from TV settings. Do you think Google Home app might be the culprit?

I just installed Home and cast my screen for 10 minutes for you :)

msdns did not change?

Google play services ROCKETED up the battery stas though, up to 19% under stats.

If you long press on Google Play Services you can view its Awake Time... mine was 10s/ You can even Force Stop apps within battery usage status btw I would definitely try that sometimes

Remember I have rooted and I'm forcing *everything* including system apps to deep sleep via L Speed & Greenify superuser...

but msdns didn't raise at all. It's really odd.

But now I have disconnected everything is serene again. msdns isn't even on my list. It's under Other, it's a fraction of a % even when Chromecast is running

I don't know if you want to consider root. I'm getting like, two days battery life... not heavy use, but use. Streaming music all day, playing with at night etc.

I'd like someone non rooted to compare. In your case it DOES seem very suspicious.

As far as your next steps I still think a wipe. Any way you slice it what you're getting is just plain unusual.

My biggest battery drain is "media server"..
Anyone knows how to fix that?
5559581a835e39a59a470cd72c948498.jpg