[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

ingbrzy

Xiaomi.eu Project Leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 10 Ultra

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for cas is released

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
- Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
- Download our ROM zip file
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_20.9.3_v12-10
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 5min)

Update via OTA:
Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)

Thank you so much!

Just ran the windows script and everything installs just fine. However, when it reboots, it goes back to fastboot.(my bootloader is unlocked)

Edit: Just updated using Linux. The linux script installs and boots up android just fine. Not sure if it's my Windows PC that's iffy or the Windows script that has errors or typos.

Last edited:
Thank you so much!

Just ran the windows script and everything installs just fine. However, when it reboots, it goes back to fastboot.(my bootloader is unlocked)

Edit: Just updated using Linux. The linux script installs and boots up android just fine. Not sure if it's my Windows PC that's iffy or the Windows script that has errors or typos.
Do you still have Widevine L1 after flashing? I received my ultra today and to my surprise it passed safetynet and has L1 widevine out of the box. I still want to use xiaomi.eu but only if I don't lose Widevine L1.

probably windows issue.. try on linux or mac..

Do you still have Widevine L1 after flashing? I received my ultra today and to my surprise it passed safetynet and has L1 widevine out of the box. I still want to use xiaomi.eu but only if I don't lose Widevine L1.

Yes, Widevine L1 is still present in the EU Rom.

Attachments

• IMG_20200904_083036.jpg
    IMG_20200904_083036.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2,227
Last edited:
Reactions: neron and TheDJVG
No linux or mac available, no probs, I can wait till its fixed. I can use my old phone again for now, just appreciate the work going in to this

Here are some basic instructions for people that are not too savvy with Linux. ADB and Fastboot drivers must be installed (you really only need fastboot, but it's better to have both just incase). Follow the instructions

Open up terminal.
run
Code:
sudo apt-get update

Then, run
Code:
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot

Once installed, run
Code:
sudo adb start-server

After, connect your phone to your PC. Make sure your phone is in fastboot mode.

Then, run
Code:
adb devices
to verify your device shows up.

After, go to your directory in terminal using
Code:
cd
Example:
Code:
cd Downloads/<folder name> (without <>)
and run the script.

Windows error here as well. The script sure looks like it is compiling and I am running the batch with admin permission. The phone reboots... to fastboot

Reactions: Mark F
Thank you so much for adding the mi 10 ultra on the devices supported by miui eu! Unfortunately I also have the windows issue with the .bat script. Waiting for twrp or a fix to the windows script as I have no access to linux or macOS.

Reactions: neron and ToneLa
Here are some basic instructions for people that are not too savvy with Linux. ADB and Fastboot drivers must be installed (you really only need fastboot, but it's better to have both just incase). Follow the instructions

Open up terminal.
run
Code:
sudo apt-get update

Then, run
Code:
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot

Once installed, run
Code:
sudo adb start-server

After, connect your phone to your PC. Make sure your phone is in fastboot mode.

Then, run
Code:
adb devices
to verify your device shows up.

After, go to your directory in terminal using
Code:
cd
Example:
Code:
cd Downloads/<folder name> (without <>)
and run the script.

thanks for the help but although it is connected by adb (cmd confirmed) I can not get it to see the phone when requesting adb devices, it just returns a blank row, so cannot proceed yet. Think it is something to do with my version of wsl

Last edited:
I've installed the ROM with windows via fastboot.
I used the command script bat and the phone reboot again in fastboot mode, then I used another fastboot.exe and I manually reflashed only the super.img and It boot after a reboot

Reactions: ToneLa
I've installed the ROM with windows via fastboot.
I used the command script bat and the phone reboot again in fastboot mode, then I used another fastboot.exe and I manually reflashed only the super.img and It boot after a reboot

You're a genius, this worked :D

OK, so my phone was already in the booted Fastboot stage where the Windows method leaves you stuck.

I wasn't sure what you meant by "another fastboot.exe" but I did have another from my Mi9 folder so used that (does it matter?)

I made a copy of windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat and edited it to refer ONLY to super.img, so the contents are:

Code:
@echo off
cd %~dp0

platform-tools-windows\fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *cas" || echo Missmatching image and device
platform-tools-windows\fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *cas" || exit /B 1

platform-tools-windows\fastboot %* flash super firmware-update/super.img

platform-tools-windows\fastboot %* reboot

Ran that, and boom! :D

OK, so my phone was already in the booted Fastboot stage where the Windows method leaves you stuck.

I wasn't sure what you meant by "another fastboot.exe" but I did have another from my Mi9 folder so used that (does it matter?)

I made a copy of windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat and edited it to refer ONLY to super.img, so the contents are:

Code:
@echo off
cd %~dp0

platform-tools-windows\fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *cas" || echo Missmatching image and device
platform-tools-windows\fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *cas" || exit /B 1

Thabks

Code:
@echo off
cd %~dp0

Thanks...

Fastboot executable often is different

@ToneLa & @Francko76

so is this what u guys did to get it to work? (for windows)

- Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_20.9.3_v12-10
For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat

and then run .\windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat again with just this code -

echo off
cd %~dp0

Last edited:
so how do you get it to work? sorry didn't understand what was done, could u help with instructions, thanks

Windows:
Follow the process in the OP exactly and you'll end up with a device stuck in fastboot
At this point you need to flash ONLY super.img (which is in the firmware-update folder)
You can achieve this via commandline (standard flash commands) or create a batch file in the unzipped main folder (notepad, then rename to .bat) containing only:

Code:
@echo off
cd %~dp0

Francko76 used a different fastboot.exe - this is the executable that performs the flash. Unsure what one he used. This would go in the platform-tools-windows folder

Windows:
Follow the process in the OP exactly and you'll end up with a device stuck in fastboot
At this point you need to flash ONLY super.img (which is in the firmware-update folder)
You can achieve this via commandline (standard flash commands) or create a batch file in the unzipped main folder (notepad, then rename to .bat) containing only:

Code:
@echo off
cd %~dp0

Francko76 used a different fastboot.exe - this is the executable that performs the flash. Unsure what one he used. This would go in the platform-tools-windows folder

Thanks alot I'll give this a go

If you cant get it flashed, what I did yesterday was to download this stable ROM from here: http://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.8.0....JCNXM_20200823.0000.00_10.0_cn_8c57a38882.tgz and use the all in one tool from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tool-all-in-one/
You can then flash that downloaded ROM using the Flash Factory Images tool to recover. then download the latest update once back in use. But by changing the fastboot tool from another package, and moving the super image to the last flash within the bat file I managed to get it loaded OK. Took a few attempts, it should never be this hard to flash a phone but thank you to all that has an input to getting us this EU ROM so quick.

Last edited: