Hard Bricked by Anti Roleback...

Nuno Rocha

Members
Mar 19, 2014
Hello,
2 weeks ago I bought a Redmi Note 5 to my girlfriend. Like all my Xiaomi phone, I have flashed Xiaomi.eu rom. It was currently on 8.7.12 but my girlfriend wanted a stable rom so i Have downloaded a stable rom also from xiaomi.eu to flash it with twrp... that was my mistake... The rom started to flash then the screen went black and the phone never turne on anymore...

Worried I went to the mr google and found that the redmi note 5 has Anti Role BAck feature and since it was running MIUI 10, It hasrd bricked because I wanted to flash MIUI 9...
this is a dumb way from xiaomi treat theis costumers... making brick theis phones... With the Mix 2S if we flash a global rom in the chinese model and then lock the boot loader, we will brick the phone... In this case, Anti Roleback wii brick the phone if we try to downgrade...

Does someone know anything or any way to unbrick the phone due to anti roleback?

any help is welcome.

Best regards,

Nuno

Reactions: CresFang
I tried to flash the oficial global rom with the test point method but still gets an error in xiaomi flash tool :/ All drivers are installed corretly. I getting stuck and without ideas

I tried another version of xiaomi flash tool. this one asked me for a login. I used the same username ans pass of the account linked to the bricked devices butr unfortunatly its unauthorized. I have already applies in the russion forum. Lets wait for tomorrow and hope they authorize me to flash it back to normal

Its done. Now I only need to wait for xiaomi's authorization to flash the phone with official rom. As soon I get authorization, I will give you feedback.
MI.png

Last edited:
thank you for your replay and sorry for my english ,i'm from france, i have juste post my id on the topic ,thats all?and i have a question please ,lik me you have no screen and no led so how did you don to begin the flash? i receive : cannot receive hell packet...

thank you for your replay and sorry for my english ,i'm from france, i have juste post my id on the topic ,thats all?and i have a question please ,lik me you have no screen and no led so how did you don to begin the flash? i receive : cannot receive hell packet...
Yes thats all. DId you dissassembled your phone to use test points method?

I didn't need that cable. I just disconnected the battery, plugged in the usb cable in the PC and in the phone, short the test point till ear a sound of new device in the PC. As I already have the drives installed, my pc founds the phone as HK-USB QDLOADER 9008 (COM #).
After it just use the Xiaomi flash tool provided in the links above.

Xiaomi has one of the worst costumer services in the world... I sent emails for Spain Costumer center, HK Costumer center and Global costumer center... Only HK ansered me and eh/she understands less then me... I have explained exactly what happened, sent some screen shots ans photos and all they say it to unlock the bootloader... ALL I NEED IS A FU***** AUTHORIZATION TO FLASH IN EDL MODE!!!
Lets hope russian friends can help us with this

Since xiaomi mi flash is asking me for an authentication to flash global dev rom again, I can try to flash china dev or stable. I have seen some videos in youtube people flashing china rom without any authorization.
But I don't know where can I download the rom because phone isn't in fastboot so i cant connect it to xiaomi tolls and get the rom...

Came back from work and decided to try again to flash the dead redmi note 5. In the login section this time appears that my PC is bounded to my account.
The flashing progressed bar es going up. Let's wait and see if it works.

I wa talking with the guy who opened the thread in the Russian forum about collecting the mi ids.
Maybe he managed to give the permission I don't know.
Let's wait and see.
Fingers crossed