Help Identify If Phone Is Defected Or Not...

lata22

Members
Apr 27, 2017
Hey guys,

So I bought myself a new Xiaomi Redmi Pro after giving my last phone to my little brother.
I'm new to Xiaomi devices so I ask for your help.
I have theRedmi Pro for only 3 days but I already experience things that I would not expect...

First of all, the phone suddenly vibrates one time and then restarts itself with no apparent reason. It happen 4 times in two days, 3 of them happened today in a time frame of one hour. I don't have any heavy apps on it and frankly said, it's pretty empty still. When the restart happened: I was viewing a pdf document or doing simply nothing with it.

The second thing that I noticed is that there are connection problems. I am a Uni student and in my University the walls are really thick so I use the Uni's WiFi all the time. I experience WiFi disconnections even when I'm sitting in the same spot in class. I did not have these dc's last week on my Samsung device in the same spots.
I have also regular cellular data connection problems on trains when I had none with the previous phone.

From what I understand from one other thread here is that I have a fake international ROM that the seller probably installed ( I did buy it off Ebay and the box was open when I received it, so....).
I have a : MIUI Global 8.0 Stable 9.0.7.0 (LXKCNMA) version.

So my question is, do you think that I have a defected phone? or it is simply the MIUI version problem and I should change it...
And if a download a ROM from here, will my Insurance still stand? Or should I just return it to the seller and request a new phone?

Thank a lot for any further replies,
Lata

There is no global ROM for Redmi Pro available from official site.
Chinese version is without google apps and services.
You can give it a unlock and installing other supporting ROMs, such as: MultiRom, Miui EU, MiuiPro, Miui Su, Miui IT, Miui Geek