[HELP] Mi 8 SIM problem

thongkh

Members
Jun 8, 2017
hi all,

my Mi8 running xiaomi.eu stable 11.0.8 suddenly having sim card detection problem.

I tried to clean and re-sit the SIMs, i even perform factory reset, same fault, unable to help.

I transferred my SIMs to another phone, the SIM work just fine in another phone, nothing wrong with SIMs and mobile network.

with the SIMs removed from my Mi8, my Mi 8 just work great! it also works fine when i put the phone to airplane mode with WIFI connected.

Although the network signal/ SIM looks good, but when i try to make call, the network will drop and lost both SIM, and it will start detecting my SIMs and network again.
also, WIFI will also disconnect and lost when the phone start detecting the SIM/ mobile network. besides that, i not able to connect to mobile data even full signal strength.

all of this happened over night, nothing was done before this happened.

wondering izzit hardware or software issue.

please advise, thanks.

update:

i flashed xiaomi.eu 11.0.8 again to my Mi8, follow by cache and data wipe.

after reboot, during setup, the phone unable to detect WiFi while SIM card was removed.

i think most likely is hardware failure.

Update:

after several attempt to reboot and factory reset, i managed to put Mi8 to flight mode, and WIFI recovered.

now, the Mi8 can connect to internet and use normally in flight mode.

i didnt dare to switch off the flight mode and put in SIM to try, until i can confirm its not hardware fault.

is there anyway i can test the SIM/ Mobile network module?
tried secret code *#*#64663#*#* which bring up QC Test (All tests) , but no test for SIM/ Mobile network module.