Help needed to get mouse working

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by Ekow, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Ekow

EkowMembers

Jul 13, 2014
    Does anyone have any (errrr) pointers for getting the mouse working? I have tried usb and bluetooth with no success. The bluetooth devices will connect but no mouse cursor and I tried wriggling and clicking, all to no avail!

If it helps, my box is:

Model Number: MiBox1s
    Android version: 4.2.2

I have no idea what this means though, is it a version 1 or 2 box?

A bluetooth keyboard works fine, but it's really crying out for a mouse or something similar....

Many, many thanks for any help.

2. the mouse does not work with the xiaomi launcher (mibox pro). it is only useful with android apps like xbmc, for example.

3. Ekow

EkowMembers

Jul 13, 2014
    #3Ekow,Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    Ah, i see..well I got the XM Remote Controller working. It's nice, but rather small on my phone. I tried the IOS version but it's vastly inferior to the android version, it can't display the 小米盒 screen neither can it scroll nicely -- it's simply behaves exactly as the controller does.

Alas, I have had no luck with finding a keyboard on the remote control yet. Is there a secret to making this work, or is some other arrangement needed?

4. Ekow

EkowMembers

Jul 13, 2014
    #4Ekow,Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    Just to clarify about the keyboard, the keyboard which appears full size on the tv looks very squashed and cramped on the phone. It is usable with careful typing, though I was actually looking to use the native keyboard on the phone which allows hand written Chinese.

Another note on the android remote control, is that it won't install on some old android devices. It is working on Galaxy S3 (android 4.1.2 with latest updates).

Overall, very impressed with the 小米盒, it's running nicely after installing some extra apps, I can read forums, catch up on news, watch video off my network and lots more besides, however the extra apps really, really do require the remote control android app, since most of them were not designed to work with the regular controller, and the app becomes tedious and frustrating to use.

Next step is to get some websites working nicely. The image on the phone is too small to browse a regular web page, maybe it's easiest to write an android app to sit in front of the site.

5. Ekow

EkowMembers

Jul 13, 2014
    Thinking about it, is it the launcher 'eating' the mouse events? If so, would replacing the launcher allow the mouse to function properly. ie use the xiaomi like a regular computer with mouse and keyboard?

6. As written earlier, the mouse and KB work fine; outside of xiaomi apps at least for the mibox pro. I have replaced the original xiaomi launcher with launcherpro and it works perfectly with the mouse. I still have to use the remote to access contextual menus.

7. Ekow

EkowMembers

Jul 13, 2014
    #7Ekow,Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    OK, thanks for helping to clarify. It seems I don't have the pro version. In any case I found a "Smart TV InputMethod" app which uses the phone's keyboard (ime) to enter text, which is faster and I get the handwriting recognition too! It just needs a little of dexterity to flip between the Xiaomi remote app and the keyboard app.

Of course, one needs to be careful with the SmartTV InputMethod and not use it for anything sensitive.

All in all though, I am pretty happy.

8. Ekow

EkowMembers

Jul 13, 2014
    Ah, I finally used Airplay so it's possible to use the browser on the iPad and cast video/music onto the tv. Very nice.

There wasn't much success with the Miracast though.

9. Ekow

EkowMembers

Jul 13, 2014
    OK, today I have the mouse working after buying an OTG cable. The USB mouse is working great, right mouse button for back and scroll wheel is working too.

It seems only the Bluetooth mouse is not working correctly, it may be because I am using Apple mouse but I don't have another Bluetooth mouse to test with.

shot_000001.jpg

10. stevensys

stevensysMembers

Sep 4, 2014
    Male
    hi ekow,

can advice how to enable Airplay on the Xiaomi box? i only able to work on miracast. i can't read chinese though..if u can point out by pic?

thanks

Share Our Site