help regarding weekly OTA/manual updates

p.usul

Members
Jan 14, 2019
hi there
i'm a relative new user - have replaced the rom on my note3 (jason) 2-3 weeks ago with the latest stable version (v10.2.3.0).

questions:
1. when I check update in the updater i get the message "you are up to date ..." - which clearly I am not by now (as another user told me). I cleared the cache of the updater - but this did not resolve the issue. any solutions to this?
2. in order to install updates manually. would i need to download the latest weekly onto my mobile phone and then manually select in the updater "choose update package"? Is it normal that the updates are roughly 1.5gb? or am i looking at the wrong file? e.g. the latest for my phone would be xiaomi.eu_multi_MINote3_9.1.10_v10-8.1.zip right?.

Thanks in advance

Hi,
1. Try to long-press the download button for at least 15 seconds and the download should start if not
2. Download the package manually and update your phone through choose update package and yes the package should be 1,4-5 gb of size. But to go from stable to weekly or vice vesra you need to wipe data in TWRP so better boot your phone to TWRP and wipe Cache, Dalvik and Data and flash the weekly rom.

@werty: thanks
regarding
1. I read that also in other threads - but I only see the "CHECK" button ?
2. I was hoping that this would be an update to the stable rom without an need to wipe again

As far as I understand you want to UPDATE from stable rom to weekly through Updater app?

As far as I understand you want to UPDATE from stable rom to weekly through Updater app?

I thought the stable rom also had updates (weekly?) - but those seem to be different.
Do you know the update cycles for the stable rom? Will I have to reset/wipe my system when I update to a newer version?

I thought the stable rom also had updates (weekly?) - but those seem to be different.
Do you know the update cycles for the stable rom? Will I have to reset/wipe my system when I update to a newer version?
The update cycle for stable rom is different - it can take up to 2 months before a new version is released or when Xiaomi decides to do so. You will be notified in the Updater app when a new stable version is released and you won't loose your data.

Reactions: irismar