[HELP] System has been destroyed after EDL flash

arpop2061

Members
Mar 27, 2023
Hi! I've bught a chinese 12 Pro with an unlocked bootloader and global firmware.
After accidentally locking the bootloader the phone only booted into recovery.
Mi Unlock wouldn't complete re-unlocking (message was: Please add your account in MIUI's Settings) so I resorted to one of these technicians with access to an EDL authorization server.
He was able to flash MIUI 13, China, Fastboot version, but the phone started showing the "system destroyed" message.
We also tried MIUI 14, China, latest. Same result.
So now I'm stuck with a phone with a locked bootloader that only starts in Fastboot mode.

Any ideas of what should I do next?
I read about flashing individual images using fastboot but I don't know if this is allowed for this phones in EDL.
Or maybe flash some Dev or other special version?

Thanks for any advice.

it seems to be difficult.
Are you using mi flash tool?
I think the result would be the same with any rom becuase your phone is locked..

it seems to be difficult.
Are you using mi flash tool?
I think the result would be the same with any rom becuase your phone is locked..
In theory, going back to stock by flashing in EDL mode with an authorized account should fix it, only it didn't.
I read about flashing the engineering ROM first but I don't know if it will fix it.
Looks like the original vendor flashed something customized. Who knows.

In theory, going back to stock by flashing in EDL mode with an authorized account should fix it, only it didn't.
I read about flashing the engineering ROM first but I don't know if it will fix it.
Looks like the original vendor flashed something customized. Who knows.
I solved my mediatek hard brick with an authorized account :)

Reactions: Camilo Crisosto