help to root mi8 se

Rui santos

Members
Sep 14, 2018
god evening . i have a mi8 se .
i like root my phone .my boot loader is unlock since my purchase . i purchase the phone in aliexpress with "costom" global stable rom
i try root with this rom but not work
now i flash miui 10 eu in my mi8 se but when i try root . the phone boot lop or stuck in android
i try . flash with magisk v17.1
v16.7 and v16.4 on twrp
sometimes use this
Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_09.02.2018
or not
sametimes format user data by abd or twrp
same result when i reeboot the phone never boot
anyone can help . sory my english best regards

Same problem here, tried couple of magisk versions, tried Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt, always bootlooping.

Hi,
first of all sorry for my apporximative English,
i will tell you how i root and how i flash the Xiaomi.eu ROM

Prerequisite:
- Have a Mi 8 SE (not for Mi 8).
- Bootloader UNLOCKED.
- TWRP : 3.2.3 by LR.Team/wzsx150 -> Here
- MIUI 10 Stable Release (the one I installed first) -> Here

* This installation will DELETE ALL YOUR DATA, remember to make a backup on your computer.

Install TWRP, flash, and root :
1 -> Install TWRP, follow the steps here: Here
2 -> Once the recovery installed and you are in: go to the section "Wipe", then drag to make a factory reset. Once done, go back and return to the "Wipe" section, hit to "Format Data" button (on the right of the "Advanced Wipe" button), then type "yes" to confirm.
3 -> Restart in recovery mode.
4 -> Connect your phone to your computer and copy the "ROM.zip" to your Mi 8 SE.
5 -> Once done, go to "Install" section, choose the ROM.zip file and install.
6 -> Once done, go back and go to the "Advanced" section, select "Install Root" (it will install Magisk 16.3).
7 -> Reboot, wait 5-15min and enjoy.

** If like me, when setting up the wifi, the keyboard does not come out and you can not type the Wifi key, remove your SIM and restart the phone, then configure your Mi 8 SE. Enter the SIM into your phone once the MIUI10 configuration is complete.

Hope that it will help you.

Last edited:
Hi,
first of all sorry for my apporximative English,
i will tell you how i root and how i flash the Xiaomi.eu ROM

Prerequisite:
- Have a Mi 8 SE (not for Mi 8).
- Bootloader UNLOCKED.
- TWRP : 3.2.3 by LR.Team/wzsx150 -> Here
- MIUI 10 Stable Release (the one I installed first) -> Here

* This installation will DELETE ALL YOUR DATA, remember to make a backup on your computer.

Install TWRP, flash, and root :
1 -> Install TWRP, follow the steps here: Here
2 -> Once the recovery installed and you are in: go to the section "Wipe", then drag to make a factory reset. Once done, go back and return to the "Wipe" section, hit to "Format Data" button (on the right of the "Advanced Wipe" button), then type "yes" to confirm.
3 -> Restart in recovery mode.
4 -> Connect your phone to your computer and copy the "ROM.zip" to your Mi 8 SE.
5 -> Once done, go to "Install" section, choose the ROM.zip file and install.
6 -> Once done, go back and go to the "Advanced" section, select "Install Root" (it will install Magisk 16.3).
7 -> Reboot, wait 5-15min and enjoy.

** If like me, when setting up the wifi, the keyboard does not come out and you can not type the Wifi key, remove your SIM and restart the phone, then configure your Mi 8 SE. Enter the SIM into your phone once the MIUI10 configuration is complete.

Hope that it will help you.
Worked! But don't try to update to 17.1, bootloop again. Thank you

Enviado do meu MI 8 SE através do Tapatalk

Reactions: Kluitjeee
[QUOTE = "solidv, post: 445439, member: 208314"] Trabalhou! Mas não tente atualizar para o 17.1, bootloop novamente. Obrigado

Enviado do MI 8 SE através do Tapatalk [/ QUOTE]

obrigado por ajudar .. o meu deu certo parabéns pelo tutorial ... anderson (BRASIL)