Help: Updating From Weekly 7.4 To Stable 7.5

yusep

Members
Mar 23, 2017
Hello Guys

I have been using a weekly version for a while , I have found I can´t run certain apps because the phone is considered "rooted". I don´t really need any special features and I would like to be able to run a stable version (7.5 problably, I have read 8 drains the phone battery).

I have researched a little bit but everything is a little bit confusing. Months ago I tried to install the stable on top of the weekly and I had to install back the weekly because the phone was crashing and doing weird things. I have read that it is better to do certain things like cleaning /wipe / factory reset.... I have read differents ways and methods but it is a little bit confusing, as I don´t know how to do that ( I am getting old guys...).

I do have that thing called TWRP and I would like to not lose all my personal data / apps.

Could you please help me and tell me how to update from Weekly 7.4 to Stable 7.5 without screwinf/loosing my data?

thank you! I really appreciate your help.

Hello Guys

I have been using a weekly version for a while , I have found I can´t run certain apps because the phone is considered "rooted". I don´t really need any special features and I would like to be able to run a stable version (7.5 problably, I have read 8 drains the phone battery).

I have researched a little bit but everything is a little bit confusing. Months ago I tried to install the stable on top of the weekly and I had to install back the weekly because the phone was crashing and doing weird things. I have read that it is better to do certain things like cleaning /wipe / factory reset.... I have read differents ways and methods but it is a little bit confusing, as I don´t know how to do that ( I am getting old guys...).

I do have that thing called TWRP and I would like to not lose all my personal data / apps.

Could you please help me and tell me how to update from Weekly 7.4 to Stable 7.5 without screwinf/loosing my data?

thank you! I really appreciate your help.
Hello,
I can tell you that weekly ROM are very performing
8.3 7.3.16 for me extraordinary
Absolutely perfect, I with only one SIM about 5 hours SOT
I will not convince you, let me know if you understand Italian, tomorrow I'll write about switching to Stable ROM
Ok?
Hello

Hello,
I can tell you that weekly ROM are very performing
8.3 7.3.16 for me extraordinary
Absolutely perfect, I with only one SIM about 5 hours SOT
I will not convince you, let me know if you understand Italian, tomorrow I'll write about switching to Stable ROM
Ok?
Hello

Hi,
Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. I read you are using the weekly version but I would rather move to the stable one, I have found already 3 apps I can´t use because the phone is considered "rooted" :( . Damn companies.

I understand Italian ( I would say I could understand 90% of it) so feel free to reply using it! :)

Grazie mille!

Reactions: Stefano131270
Stefano replied privately in Italian I will try to write here the method ( combining his reply with some of my own comments) so the rest of people can follow it if they look for the same issue:

1) Make a backup of everything, (you can use MIUI itself, you can create local backup copies form the settings, alternatively you can use Xiaomi mi cloud to create backups). I also copied the pictures in my PC .. just in case.
2) backup whatsapp
3) backup anything you want.. jus im case..
4) download the ROM and copy it to your phone
5) start TWRP (power + volume up) WIPE ( wipe data, wipe cache e wipe Dalvik),
!!! Careful, this will delete most of the phone content
6) When the phone start, if you used google account and MI account , just insert the data and it will start recovering form the backup.
7) Go to the updater and update using the rom you downloaded.
8) Done, good luck.

I have to say that I tried MIUI 8.1 for 2 days and it was horrible. Being the worst

#Battery just drains... it makes the phone "unusable". You can have it in your pocket, but as soon as you start using it it eats battery ..like 1% every 30 seconds.
#Blue mail ( mail app ) does not update, and therefore does not send notifications.

It is Beautiful , but it was quite useless for me, so I decided to go back to MIUI7, but 7.5 instead of the previous 7.4. This time I decided to use the global version instead of the EU version, the reason? I want to check if Nintendo games run as they don´t run at all in EU versions.

SO..

1) Make a backup of everything, (you can use MIUI itself, you can create local backup copies form the settings, alternatively you can use Xiaomi mi cloud to create backups). I also copied the pictures in my PC .. just in case.
2) backup whatsapp
5) start TWRP (power + volume up)
6) TWRP: BACKUP NAND using TWRP ( you never know mate...)
6) TWRP: WIPE ( wipe data, wipe cache e wipe Dalvik)
7) TWRP: Install the ROM downloaded from Global ( I suppose it will be the same with EU) . I did not check the validation flag because I was popping and error.
8) TWRP: Reboot
9) When the phone start, if you used google account and MI account , just insert the data and it will start recovering form the backup.
10) Done, good luck.

I am praying, waiting the phone works and 7.5 does not drain battery as crazy as before.

EDIT: IT WORKED, and SUPER MARIO RUN WORKS!

Last edited:
Stefano replied privately in Italian I will try to write here the method ( combining his reply with some of my own comments) so the rest of people can follow it if they look for the same issue:

2) backup whatsapp
5) start TWRP (power + volume up) WIPE ( wipe data, wipe cache e wipe Dalvik),
6) When the phone start, if you used google account and MI account , just insert the data and it will start recovering form the backup.
7) Go to the updater and update using the rom you downloaded.
8) Done, good luck.

I have to say that I tried MIUI 8.1 for 2 days and it was horrible. Being the worst

#Battery just drains... it makes the phone "unusable". You can have it in your pocket, but as soon as you start using it it eats battery ..like 1% every 30 seconds.
#Blue mail ( mail app ) does not update, and therefore does not send notifications.

It is Beautiful , but it was quite useless for me, so I decided to go back to MIUI7, but 7.5 instead of the previous 7.4. This time I decided to use the global version instead of the EU version, the reason? I want to check if Nintendo games run as they don´t run at all in EU versions.

SO..

2) backup whatsapp
5) start TWRP (power + volume up)
6) TWRP: BACKUP NAND using TWRP ( you never know mate...)
6) TWRP: WIPE ( wipe data, wipe cache e wipe Dalvik)
7) TWRP: Install the ROM downloaded from Global ( I suppose it will be the same with EU) . I did not check the validation flag because I was popping and error.
8) TWRP: Reboot
9) When the phone start, if you used google account and MI account , just insert the data and it will start recovering form the backup.
10) Done, good luck.

I am praying, waiting the phone works and 7.5 does not drain battery as crazy as before.

EDIT: IT WORKED, and SUPER MARIO RUN WORKS!

Thank you for sharing the method. can you please leave feedback how is battery life with miui 7.5. And if possible a link to the download os that rom.

Reactions: Stefano131270
Battery life problems are caused for MIUI 8 in HMNote 2. A lot of people tried to change the battery for differents models, but is a MIUI 8 problem, not a battery problem in each device.

I'm thinking to install MIUI 7 again. My last version was 6.5.26 and ran perfectly but I don't know the 7.5 rom version.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing the method. can you please leave feedback how is battery life with miui 7.5. And if possible a link to the download os that rom.

After installing MIUI 8 my battery phone... changed...
Battery in 7.5 was better but still it was not like 7.3...I installed back 7.3 and now my battery is better than 8 and 7.5 but it is not the same as it was before starting all this process... miu8 made something to my phone...

I even bought a new battery, same case, battery lasts 1.5-2 hours SOT even with the new one. I can´t use it normally and it does not last 1 day as before. i have almost not use it and charge it twice per day.

I regret all this process, I am planning to buy a new phone. :(

Reactions: klean
After installing MIUI 8 my battery phone... changed...
Battery in 7.5 was better but still it was not like 7.3...I installed back 7.3 and now my battery is better than 8 and 7.5 but it is not the same as it was before starting all this process... miu8 made something to my phone...

I even bought a new battery, same case, battery lasts 1.5-2 hours SOT even with the new one. I can´t use it normally and it does not last 1 day as before. i have almost not use it and charge it twice per day.

I regret all this process, I am planning to buy a new phone. :(
thank you so much for your feedback and insight on this battery problem...

i tried 7.5 and 7 (custom from my contry portugal) and rr cm 12.1, flyme, mi.globe rom, but the battery drain dosent get any better.

so..new phone asap for me too.

cheers

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 2 através de Tapatalk