HINT - Enavling VoLTE and VoWIFI on MIUI V10 roms!

Jul 23, 2018
Hello all,

Just for your awareness, there's a way to enable both VoLTE and VoWIFI on MIUI V10 roms (xiaomi.eu included!).

Use these codes in the dialer:

VoLTE *#*#86583#*#*
VoWIFI *#*#869434#*#*

I'm attaching aproof it works from the latest xiaomi.eu beta present on my Mix2s (polish carrier nju mobile/orange)

Attachments

Jul 23, 2018
For VoWIFI it requires a valid profile, for NJU on Poland f.ex. you need to be on IPv4 APN and have the app for Wifi calling installed first to activate the service

Igor Eisberg

Patch/Mod Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
That code doesn't necessarily enables VoLTE, it overrides operator VoLTE-support check, and forces it to show as supported in the settings screen.
It's a debugging/testing code and not meant to be used by end-users. We have a Hungarian user with actual VoLTE support, and it's available without any hacking.

Jul 23, 2018
I understand it just overrides the lock, but what's funny is that everytime I install the ROM fresh, VoLTE is enabled only till first roboot, then no VoLTE anymore (unless unlocked via this code). I'm just saying that carrier settings seems to be there and it works once the lock is turned off

Feb 16, 2011
Yes, VoLTE works without any problem when the carrier check is turned off by this code (tested in Germany on o2 and Telekom). VoWIFI does not work on my Mix 2, but there are users with Pocophone, Mi8 and Mix 2s who managed to enable it working, but there is some more work to do because the carrier profiles in the rom don't contain the code needed: https://android-hubo.de/thread/8781-volte-und-wificalling-xiaomi/