New HMNote6Pro MIUI 12 Stuck on boot logo

luca1985

Members
Aug 27, 2020
Hey guys...

I was using my phone with no problems for a few days after the update to MIUI12 but today I tried restarting it and got stuck on boot.

If I let it alone, after about 5 minutes it restarts to recovery.

I have already tried formatting data and flashing the ROM again. It worked for a while but then when I restarted it, it went to bootloop again.

Any help is appreciated.

Update 1: Re-flashed the ROM once again.

This time I didn't let Google nor Xiaomi restore backups. I'm setting the phone as a new device.

It's 3 am and I'm manually reinstalling and re-configuring every single app and rebooting every now and then to make sure it's all working properly. So far so good but annoying as hell.

My first suspicion was a theme and or font could have caused troubles, but they are working fine.

I'll update this comment if anything goes different.

Update 2:

Now my banking app is saying the device does not meet minimum safety requirements. Apparently I'm not passing "Safetynet", but I did not root.

I need guidance, please!

Update 3:

Restored persist.img from backup. Safetynet passes (apparently?) but banking app is still erroring out.

Update 4:

Solved by reverting back to stock MIUI 11 through MiFlash and a Fastboot ROM. Updated to MIUI12 through OTA.

Last edited: