New Home button and grid size

darkn3ss1

Members
Sep 12, 2013
Hi all, after a long search i haven't find a solution for my problem..

I have last official MIUI 3.9.6 on my Galaxy Note II, rom original without mod.. i haved installed it correctly with my recovery TWRP, first the Rom and after reboot Gapps-small.

Everything works nice.. but not for function of home button..
i use Whatsapp and Sms with usefull POP-UP.. i forver used this on stock Samsung, AOSP and Cyano without problems.
On the MIUI rom, POP-UP is totally useless.. Because when the screen go off and i receive a message (screen go on and show POP-UP but i have only some seconds after screen go off (this is normal)) my home button don't only WAKE the screen (like original stock Samsung, AOSP and Cyano) but clear all on the screen and go to home page of desktop!
I've modden the file ..system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl and have changed *key 172 HOME WAKE* to *key 172 HOME WAKE_DROPPED* rebooted.. but nothing has changed belonging in some cases..

I like Home button like stock Rom but i can't find a solution.. i've tried other solution to wakeup the screen but with impact on the battery.
My Home button continue to put all in background!
I want Home button only Wake screen!!!!

-----------------------------
other problems is grid size.. is possible to set 5x5 and 5x6 only in original language but in multilanguage pack if i set my language is possible to set only 4x4 and 4x5.
I have decompiled MiuiHome.apk and added missing strings for my laguage but after this mod nothing has changed.. WHY??

SOLVED home button
I've found a problem!!
In the rom i think something is missing on behavior of Home button.. for double press action!!
it often understands my single press Home button as a double press (I do not know why).

SOLUTION is simple.. i've extracted, from my previous stock firmware nandroid, S-Voice and putted it in system/app and installed.
S-Voice's default setting for activate him has a double press Home button key.
Now when the screen go off and i receive a message, sms, email POPUP, i can wake my phone with home button without putting in the background applications and POPUP!!

Grid sizes issue might be resolved in future. Its just my custom tweak. This is not a MIUI feature to put more grid sizes for large screen devices. And yes this fix is only for enlish rom because its hard to make it multilang (more complex scripting).

why is complex in multilang? For icon's text?? however i've changed the grid size from ../data/data/com.miuihome/shared_prefs/
the problem is the size of icons.. How i can resize them?

--------------
I have another issue.. Sometimes when i send a sms or message from popup window the keyboard still open and i and have to press the back button to close.. it's annoying me.

Nah its complex to write a script to put that mod into all langs. But I know how to do it. Just need to add that to my to do list.
But I fix only grid sizes. I don't know how to change icon text. I think it can't be done without messing with java app code.