Hongmi TD hardware in a WDCMA phone ? --> no network

stwg34

Members
Dec 3, 2013
Hi Guys,

I just received my Hongmi phone, and I flashed it with "miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_WCDMA_JHBCNBA13.0_jb-4.2"

The problem is now that I'm unable to connect to any mobile network using my phone, wifi works great, 2g or 3G simply doesn't work.

When I issue a manual network search on the phone it returns
"20620 2G" "20610 2G(forbidden)" "20601 2G (forbidden)".
As this data absolutely doesn't respond to any of my local network providers (I'm in Belgium), and since the phone only identifies 2G neworks, I'm a bit worried about the harware I received.

I double checked my mobile providers network settings (I have a MI2S also which is working flawlesly), no problem there, I use the exact same settings as on my MI2s which has no issue identifying the correct 2G and 3G networks.

The inside sticker on the phone states "2013023 wcdma .."

Taking the above into consideration, I googled a bit on what could be the issue,and this learned me that the imei numbers would be overwritten if one would install a WDCMA rom on a TD phone..

The baseband (phone settings) on my Hongmi phone now states moly.wr8.w1248.md.w...............2014/02/26 21:05

Is there any way I can verify if my phones harware is a TD or a WDCMA version ?

In the process of flashing my rom i also seem to have lost root access, and now the Vroot software (cfr. manual) is unable to root my phone ...

I'm stuck here, any help is truly appreciated . , txs.

Last edited:
And what the labels under sim card slots say? Every sim slot is labeled. TD-SCDMA or WCDMA for Slot 1 and GSM for Slot 2.
But if your phone is fake then no one can predict what will happen after install our rom. Are you sure the phone is original?

You probably lost your imei during flash. It hapened to me the same. Look in forum how to recover lost imei.

Sent from my 2013023 using Tapatalk

And what the labels under sim card slots say? Every sim slot is labeled. TD-SCDMA or WCDMA for Slot 1 and GSM for Slot 2.
But if your phone is fake then no one can predict what will happen after install our rom. Are you sure the phone is original?

I used slot 1 for the sim-card, so no prob. there, and I'm also quite confident with respect to the phone not being a fake one, I ordered it from Ibuygou.com, upto now I haven't read any issues of them sending out fake phones.

I have just worked my way trough the process of recovering my IMEI and using an other sim card, that seems to have done the trick ..

You probably lost your imei during flash. It hapened to me the same. Look in forum how to recover lost imei.

Sent from my 2013023 using Tapatalk

Indeed txs.

.. It seems that while I was flashing my phone, my network operator managed to screw-up my account, which didn't quite help in the troubleshooting process either ...
But they managed to get that sorted out as well, so I'm currently a happy camper with a brand new working phone :)

Txs

Hello there just to clear a few points up,
The baseband (phone settings) on my Hongmi phone now states moly.wr8.w1248.md.w...............2014/02/26 21:05 is the same as mine and the way round of getting your phone to accept 2G and 3G networks is to add a new APN to the mobile network settings then click access point names and click the menue button at the bottom and add new apn. You can use your network provider settings and once you have filled out the required settings you click save and then go back and click on the new apn you have just created.

I hope that helps some people..