How Do I Get Miui 8 On My Mi 5?

juliayan

Members
Aug 24, 2016
Hi everyone!

I recently bought a Mi 5 from a German reseller. There's an (most likely unofficial) German MIUI version on it, so I don't get any official updates. Can someone tell me how to get MIUI 8? I'd rather have an official English version to get updates automatically, how can I do that?
I found different ROMs, but to be honest, I have no idea if "developer" or "stable" is the way to go... there doesn't even seem to be a download for "global stable MIUI8 rom"? Please help someone who has zero knowledge of these things. :(

Thank you for your answers!

Afaik the global stable miui 8 for mi5 is not yet available, but it should be available shortly.
You can use miui 8 global dev beta if you really want miui 8 right now, it is quite stable from what I read around the web so far.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: juliayan
Afaik the global stable miui 8 for mi5 is not yet available, but it should be available shortly.
You can use miui 8 global dev beta if you really want miui 8 right now, it is quite stable from what I read around the web so far.

Thank you so much for your reply, I had no idea! I thought as Mi5 is kind of the flagship right now, that it would already be available, haha. But if I download Global dev rom, I will not get official updates automatically, right?

Thank you so much for your reply, I had no idea! I thought as Mi5 is kind of the flagship right now, that it would already be available, haha. But if I download Global dev rom, I will not get official updates automatically, right?
Yeah, you will only get global dev update which is weekly.
Or if you want a stable one and don't need languages other than English and don't mind with some random chinese apps you can flash stable chinese rom.

For me, i prefer the xiaomi eu rom, I am using miui 8 6.8.18 since last Friday and it is rock solid, no issue whatsoever, also the battery life is always good, which is around 5 hours of SoT and 1,5 days of standby in LTE.

Reactions: juliayan
Yeah, you will only get global dev update which is weekly.
Or if you want a stable one and don't need languages other than English and don't mind with some random chinese apps you can flash stable chinese rom.

For me, i prefer the xiaomi eu rom, I am using miui 8 6.8.18 since last Friday and it is rock solid, no issue whatsoever, also the battery life is always good, which is around 5 hours of SoT and 1,5 days of standby in LTE.

I see... I downloaded stable rom from xiaomi eu now, and just wait for OTA MIUI 8 update... it's pretty annoying though. I think they aren't handling the situation well. No clear information whatsoever... if I get too impatient I might just use the same rom as you! But for now, I guess I can wait for 1 or 2 more days...

I see... I downloaded stable rom from xiaomi eu now, and just wait for OTA MIUI 8 update... it's pretty annoying though. I think they aren't handling the situation well. No clear information whatsoever... if I get too impatient I might just use the same rom as you! But for now, I guess I can wait for 1 or 2 more days...
I'm from Germany too, I'm on China dev Rom miui 8 since June without any issues, it's rock stable, if you need assistance, just pm me.

Regards

Can you please write the process of how did you flash the xiaomi eu rom? (Assuming TWRP Installed)
1. I installed TWRP -> Two options:
* First: TWRP+BOOT_gemini.zip
* Second: TWRP_gemini_MIUIv8.zip
(Which is prefered?)

2. wipe cache
3. wipe data/factory reset
4. flash ROM zip
5. wipe cache again?
6. Are there other steps should I take?

Thanks!

Can you please write the process of how did you flash the xiaomi eu rom? (Assuming TWRP Installed)
1. I installed TWRP -> Two options:
* First: TWRP+BOOT_gemini.zip
* Second: TWRP_gemini_MIUIv8.zip
(Which is prefered?)

2. wipe cache
3. wipe data/factory reset
4. flash ROM zip
5. wipe cache again?
6. Are there other steps should I take?

Thanks!
If you want root flash supersu 2.76, reboot.