How do I properly install weekly OTA updates?

colors123

Members
Mar 28, 2020
As said in the title, how do i properly install weekly OTA updates? I don't want to install it wrong and brick my device?

As said in the title, how do i properly install weekly OTA updates? I don't want to install it wrong and brick my device?
As I can read and understand your request, if you want to avoid bricking your device stay with stable rom and preferably the stock one.

As I can read and understand your request, if you want to avoid bricking your device stay with stable rom and preferably the stock one.
I already have xiaomi.eu installed. I just wanted to know the instructions of updating.

I already have xiaomi.eu installed. I just wanted to know the instructions of updating.
Instructions for installation and best recovery to use is included on the OP, be sure to follow that to the letters.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: LOLO9393
You update like every other phone. The updater app notificates you if an update is avaible and download it.
After that the phone restarts into TWRP and update automaticaly.
That's it!
When I did this the OpenRecoverScript that was used to install the latest build kept repeating the same things and never ended. I turned it off and it successfully updated. Why did this happen? What can I do to avoid it?

Should I remove password first before updating?
Should I also backup my device on twrp?

Last edited:
Sorry, No idea why that happens.
Why would you remove password if your installed custom recovery can decrypt?
Off cource always make a backup.
Beter safe then sorry