How Do I Remove Vendor Rom With A Mac? Need Help

Dutchuser01

Members
May 13, 2017
Hi there,

I just found out that my Redmi 3 Pro phone is operating on a vendor rom. Now I want to remove that rom and replace with the latest Gobal normal rom. I have googled and read a lot on these forums but I am confused about what steps I have to take. I also have a MAC and most of the information I see is for Windows users.

Can someone please give me a step-by-step description of how to do this?

Thanks so much!

I already sent you a PM. But I'll post it here as well.. because maybe someone knows how to do this.

So I'm in the process of flashing my Redmi 3 pro with the Global rom as suggested. But in the guide they use a different rom so the files don't match the file of this rom. These are the files contained in the global rom I downloaded:

emmc_appsboot.mbn
prob_emmc_firehose_8936.mbn
sbl1.mbn
tz.mbn
hyp.mbn
persist.img
dummy.img
gpt_backup0.bin
gpt_both0.bin
NON-HLOS.bin
patch0.xml
rawprogram0.xml
splash.img

Can anyone tell me the exact flash commands that I should use?
(./flashboot flash xxx xxxx)
I can't find them anywhere on the internet for this rom.

oh boy, because I didn't know how to proceed I removed the cable from my device. But now my device is stuck in a boot loop, I can't even turn it off and I also can't seem to get back into the fastboot mode.

If anybody can help me fix this I'd be eternally grateful.

I'm starting to think that using windows to do this would be a much better option. How do I flash the device in windows using Fastboot mode on the phone (I can't get into another mode)?

Check flash_all.sh file from same rom tgz package.

Thanks for your Reply Pertti Kosunen, that helps a lot. However, when I try to flash the partition now, it gives me the message that this is not possible because the device is locked. I read something about that earlier.. So it seems I need to unlock my device first, but how is that possible since I can only access the FASTBOOT mode. Do you know?

Unlocking is working at fastboot.. But.. MiUnlock tool is for Windows only..

en.miui.com/unlock

~Tapatalk~

Unlocking is working at fastboot.. But.. MiUnlock tool is for Windows only..

en.miui.com/unlock

~Tapatalk~

Hmm another challenge now. I do have access to a windows computer now so I could do it. However, I see that it needs to verify my MI account with the phone number. But the MI account I have is still on an old phone number that I don't have anymore. So I guess I can't use this method now.

Is there any way to still fix this or does this mean I can throw away my phone?

You can still login using the old phone number, as long as you remember the password :)

Well, the problem is that they ask for phone number sms identification. But I found the old simcard so I am going to ask a friend if he can put the simcard in his phone. I hope it will still work. But I hear it also takes a long time for them to actually review the application.

And I wonder if I can really unlock the phone when it is in the FASTBOOT state. Do you know for sure that this can be done?

Also, is this the only way I will be able to flash my phone now? There are no other workarounds?

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me guys :)

Alright so the simcard worked and I applied for an unlock code, now waiting for the reply sms with the code.

Can anyone tell me how I can unlock my phone while it's stuck in FASTBOOT mode?

The only way to be able to use the phone while you are waiting for unlock code, Is by using "MIFlash" from a windows machine, to flash official "fastboot rom" (the one I sent earlier)
This Is the only way to flash a rom without unlocked bootloader, as of right now.

I hope you get your unlock permission soon. For me It took under 8 hours, and I was fully unlocked and running xiaomi.eu

The only way to be able to use the phone while you are waiting for unlock code, Is by using "MIFlash" from a windows machine, to flash official "fastboot rom" (the one I sent earlier)
This Is the only way to flash a rom without unlocked bootloader, as of right now.

I hope you get your unlock permission soon. For me It took under 8 hours, and I was fully unlocked and running xiaomi.eu

But in order to use Miflash to do that I need to be able to access the download mode right (volume + & power button)? Unfortunately that's not possible on my phone now.

Here Is a guide to Install OFFICIAL MIUI Rom with locked bootloader from Windows 7 or newer: http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
As I said last time make sure you select the rom: "Redmi 3/Prime Latest Global Stable Version Fastboot File Download"
Please be patient, after flashing the rom, It takes anywhere from 5 - 25 minutes to Boot first time.

After doing all the steps, you have official rom installed. (same needed for unlocking bootloader)
When you are accepted to the unlocking tool, you just boot phone In fastboot, run the unlock tool, login, and press unlock.

You can always check If you are allowed to use unlock tool, before time by logging in to: http://en.miui.com/unlock/ when you can download the tool It can be used without problems.

If you need help feel free to either reply here, PM me, or contact me on skype (kamikosan489)

Here Is a guide to Install OFFICIAL MIUI Rom with locked bootloader from Windows 7 or newer: http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
As I said last time make sure you select the rom: "Redmi 3/Prime Latest Global Stable Version Fastboot File Download"
Please be patient, after flashing the rom, It takes anywhere from 5 - 25 minutes to Boot first time.

After doing all the steps, you have official rom installed. (same needed for unlocking bootloader)
When you are accepted to the unlocking tool, you just boot phone In fastboot, run the unlock tool, login, and press unlock.

You can always check If you are allowed to use unlock tool, before time by logging in to: http://en.miui.com/unlock/ when you can download the tool It can be used without problems.

If you need help feel free to either reply here, PM me, or contact me on skype (kamikosan489)

Tnx for the reply Jonasstomp.

I tried to do this exactly this way yesterday but it failed. I got the message that my device is locked..

Latest update is that when I try to flash the phone in fastboot mode I now get the following error: "Missmatching image and device".

This is very weird since I am using the correct rom (Redmi 3/Prima stable global fastboot rom).

Latest update is that when I try to flash the phone in fastboot mode I now get the following error: "Missmatching image and device".

This is very weird since I am using the correct rom (Redmi 3/Prima stable global fastboot rom).

check your PM please :)

Just to update everyone.

I am currenty helping him out through teamviewer, and It seems that a vendor rom, had messed up the fastboot. But we are now on a point where we can flash a rom, and maybe get everything unlocked and up and working :)

Helping him out with the rest today :)

Download/EDL mode is lower level than fastboot, it could work if problems with fastboot mode install.

For unlock tool to work need to be in fastboot mode, check first that "fastboot devices" command return serial number.

For Win 8 or newer need to boot driver signature check disabled before installing MiFlash for all drivers to install.

We got everything sorted out now :)

he didn't have official xiaomi rom (only vendor) and device was locked, so we used EDL mode with a 2015 version of MiFlash.

Now he Is on official, and need to be there for 72 hours since account wasn't bound to his device :)

so in 72 hours he might join xiaomi.eu :)