How good is the camera?

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 3' started by SusuBendera, Sep 5, 2013.

1. SusuBendera

Sep 5, 2013
    Male
    Is this beauty a low light camera performer?
    I'd love to see its camera sample :)

Such a beauty you have there

2. davfiala

davfialaMembers

Aug 20, 2013
    Male
    Land Rover addict
    Czech Republic
    Seems to be same as Mi2S 32GB. ;)

3. harrytheweb

May 14, 2013
    If that's the case ... Not great but Ok.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 2

4. Craig Carroll

Jul 17, 2013
    Male
    Does the camera support raw as the Google translated site would indicate it does?

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk 4

Attached Files:

5. Craig Carroll

Jul 17, 2013
    Male

The sensor seems to be the same Sony one that is in the qx10 that was announced last week although the mpx size is different.

Attached Files:

6. Craig Carroll

Jul 17, 2013
    Male

Looks like raw sort is coming according to Engadget.

[​IMG]

7. plasma.d00d

Sep 18, 2013
    Male
    China
    Yes the camera supports RAW mode

8. crimson

crimsonMembers

Sep 12, 2013
    A hand-on from a HK magazine:​
    "Focus speed is great. Although dynamic range is poor and cannot capture details in a backlit condition, the photo is sharp with no apparent noise."

[​IMG]

9. Craigc

CraigcMembers

Sep 19, 2013
    Are you able to share the name of the magazine as it would be great to see a full translated version of the review if available online?

10. crimson

crimsonMembers

Sep 12, 2013
    It's from e-zone issue 787. I can translate the whole review tomorrow since it's 1am now. :)

deini likes this.
  11. crimson

crimsonMembers

Sep 12, 2013
    #11crimson,Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
    This is only a hands-on from the IFA so the device might be different after release!

1. Design
    The MI3 is reminiscent of the Nokia Lumia. Although it is longer (compared to MI2 and GS4), it feels very light (thanks to its thickness and weight which are only 8.1mm and 145g respectively). The build quality is great. The phone is very comfortable to hold.

2. Display (sharpness)
    On GS4 the feather appears sharper, while it is smoother on the MI3. GS4 wins the test.

3. Display (colour)
    In theory, IPS panel has a better colour accuracy and is better in reproducing a more natural image than an AMOLED panel. However in our test the MI3 screen has a yellow and cyan tint, and it is a little bit overexposed. Fortunately viewing the display is still quite comfortable.

4. Video
    Both MI3 and GS4 loaded the 1080p video within a second. They are both very fast in skipping (scrubbing?) videos, thanks to their 2GB RAM and powerful CPU. Sound from speakers of both phones are loud, clear and solid.

5. Performance
    In real world Antutu benchmark test, the score of MI3 did not reach the level claimed by the manufacturer, but it still performed better than the GS4. On another note, the MI3 crashed multiple times while running the Vellamo benchmark. The issue should be fixed before the release.

6. Camera
    Focus speed is great. Although dynamic range is poor and cannot capture details in a backlit condition, the photo is sharp with no apparent noise.

MarkHUK and deini like this.
  12. Craigc

CraigcMembers

Sep 19, 2013
    Thanks for the translation

Share Our Site