How To Change My Tempered Rom

hamam

Members
Apr 1, 2017
please help me more than a month and i didn't know how to change this fake rom
i have a tempered miui7 rom and i want to change it to official please anyone can help me!
but:
recovery mode not working
unlocking bootloader stoped at 50%(sms recieved 20 days ago) ( no fastboot)
f1fab3fa4b0ad02a6a39097d91aac9fa.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

You can only unlock bootloader, if your device runs the latest official ROM. I think you'll have to make a deep flash cable to install an official ROM.

Oh my frind had the same problem , he got a R . note 3 with a 7.3.4.0.0 like rom !
I fixed for him by booting into EDL mode and i installed the stock , last fastboot rom using MIFlashBeta and it worked like a charm and after that a few weeks later he got the 8.2.1.0 update through OTA !

This will help you : http://en.miui.com/thread-327861-1-1.html
hint:to enter into EDL mode you have to type : fastboot oem edl

Last edited:
I can confirm that you have to use the method Berci linked to. That method works for tampered ROMs based on MIUI 7, so you are lucky in a sense. If your tampered ROM was based on MIUI 8, you would have to use a deep flash cable to flash the official ROM.

Hi, so from fake miui7 ROM i manage with chinese mi pc suite to make recovery mode update now the redmi 3s is on latest china stable 8.1.5.0. from there I can not upgrade china developer nor global developer nor global stable (which is what I need because of playstore) only starts china developer decrypting and after this Updater just ends. Tried to apply for unlock bootloader and it stucks on IP address limit exeeded (tried 2 different Wi-Fi-es). Also can not enter EDL by any metod, fastboot oem edl, volume buttons, three buttons, clicking on download button all restart the phone. Any help?

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Hi, so from fake miui7 ROM i manage with chinese mi pc suite to make recovery mode update now the redmi 3s is on latest china stable 8.1.5.0. from there I can not upgrade china developer nor global developer nor global stable (which is what I need because of playstore) only starts china developer decrypting and after this Updater just ends. Tried to apply for unlock bootloader and it stucks on IP address limit exeeded (tried 2 different Wi-Fi-es). Also can not enter EDL by any metod, fastboot oem edl, volume buttons, three buttons, clicking on download button all restart the phone. Any help?

EDL mode is disabled on devices with MIUI 8 and locked bootloaders. That is why you'll boot into the system every time you try.

You cannot switch easily between China and Global ROMs. This is why you always fail. You can flash the Global Stable ROM in either of two ways...

a. By unlocking your bootloader and flashing the ROM with the MiFlash tool, or
b. By making a deep flash cable like in this guide... http://en.miui.com/thread-316728-1-1.html

Of the two methods, I recommend the latter unless you want to unlock your bootloader anyway.

Reactions: mnikolce
EDL mode is disabled on devices with MIUI 8 and locked bootloaders. That is why you'll boot into the system every time you try.

You cannot switch easily between China and Global ROMs. This is why you always fail. You can flash the Global Stable ROM in either of two ways...

a. By unlocking your bootloader and flashing the ROM with the MiFlash tool, or
b. By making a deep flash cable like in this guide... http://en.miui.com/thread-316728-1-1.html

Of the two methods, I recommend the latter unless you want to unlock your bootloader anyway.
Thanks for confirmation my friend.

Trying to ask for permission failed giving message IP address limit exeeded which is strange because i tried from 2 different Wi-Fi-es, the second wifi is never used for such action... Deep flash cable is last resort, what a shame Xiaomi just did, made me pissed off, stepped on my nerves. Global rom is official switching from China should be available!

Thanks for confirmation my friend.

Trying to ask for permission failed giving message IP address limit exeeded which is strange because i tried from 2 different Wi-Fi-es, the second wifi is never used for such action... Deep flash cable is last resort, what a shame Xiaomi just did, made me pissed off, stepped on my nerves. Global rom is official switching from China should be available!

The bit about the IP address excerded is not connected with this issue. It has to do with your router/network and it's just coincidence.

And no, it's not easy to switch between China and Global ROMs because there are fundamental differences between the two.

It's easy to blame when you don't know better. However, you should remember that this issue started with your buying a phone with a non-genuine ROM. Who do you blame for that? The next thing is you replaced the fake ROM with a China ROM. Why in heaven's name did you flash a China ROM instead of a Global ROM? Who do you blame for that?

I am not averse to helping a person in trouble but I will not stand for wrongful accusations. Either you stop trying to lay blame and concentrate on fixing the issue or this ends here. Which would it be?

Reactions: mnikolce
The bit about the IP address excerded is not connected with this issue. It has to do with your router/network and it's just coincidence.

And no, it's not easy to switch between China and Global ROMs because there are fundamental differences between the two.

It's easy to blame when you don't know better. However, you should remember that this issue started with your buying a phone with a non-genuine ROM. Who do you blame for that? The next thing is you replaced the fake ROM with a China ROM. Why in heaven's name did you flash a China ROM instead of a Global ROM? Who do you blame for that?

I am not averse to helping a person in trouble but I will not stand for wrongful accusations. Either you stop trying to lay blame and concentrate on fixing the issue or this ends here. Which would it be?
No matter how offensive may sound my writing here, or from others, I think it will be helpfull when someone needs the information to read these comments.
First - I saw that friend's Redmi 3S has a fake rom same as the screenshot in the first post. I offered to reinstall it. Next thing I did is connecting to MI PCSuite which gave this update and I just let it to install it. After that I realize it is china stable 8.1.5.0 - so I started to make preparations for Mi Flash fastboot global rom. But there I found that EDL is impossible, on the web is a guide that it can easily turn from china stable to china developer with updater app but NO it can not! So there I got stuck with china stable and with no possibility to send unlock request from mine IP address nor with his IP from his home, why?!
So my advice for this case of Redmi 3S's and this fake rom - do not jump fast in reinstallation, upgrades without investigation for the subject. Thank you for your time Qkent.
P.S. I hope Xiaomi will return EDL in MIUI9 :) and we will know about it...

Last edited:
Here I am with new Redmi 3s on Global stable 8.1.1.0.0 - yes it is with 5 digits. I checked fastboot oem device-info device unlocked True, but can not enter in edl with fastboot oem edl, although from boot menu enters download mode, and in mi flash is recognized as com 20.
My doubt is whether to proceed with fastboot flash of global stable or developer OR install twrp and install Xiaomi eu roms? How to be sure that this bootloader is officially unlocked?