1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Find Versionnew Box3

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by Geo ab, Mar 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Geo ab

Geo ab Members

Hi,
    I just got from china new MIBOX3. I dont see any revision or model Number other than MIBOX3 in about in settings. I also got an update when i checked for updates.
    How do i find the exact model number or is it jusr called MIbox3 ? I am trying to root it but kingroot or 360 doesnt work

It has 2GB ram and 8 Gb memory .
    It is an international version MDZ-16-AB as the the box but not sure where in firmware i can see this.. How do i burn a usa firmware.. I think some one in USA customized the firmware and made it usa model. I got it from china and not from us since in UK we dont have any sellers..

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  2. Dave Deluria

Dave Deluria Members

There is usually a sticker on the box that indicates the exact model type.

3. Geo ab

Geo ab Members

SO any one can put a sticker and you wont know... Lol.
    ANy one knows how to root this without downgrading firmware?

4. miboy

miboy Members

You have an official AndroidTV box with different packaging. That is the only difference compared to units sold in USA, except for some promotional offers.

There is no permanent root solution for this device.

To what end is root important for you?

5. Geo ab

Geo ab Members

most of apps on playstore are not downloadable since google doesnt know the features of the box. So in order to install some software which will allow us to give profiles like Phone or Tab,this needs Root access. and more over some apps shows screen in different orientation

6. miboy

miboy Members

Google is intimately familiar with this box, as such, play store only presents those apps that work with the standard remote.

That is not the end of the world but many apps from phone/tablet environment are built for touch screen navigation, and without tweaking, will not show on Leanback Launcher home screen.

There are many strategies for expanding your app choices and forcing proper screen orientation and various mouse implementations.

Rooting will not resolve your issues.

Visit reddit.com/r/androidtv to learn answers to those issues

Share Our Site