How To Fix Battery Drain On 4x?

Gaboros

Members
Jul 19, 2012
When I got my Redmi 4X about 1 months ago the battery life was awesome. Only drained 1-2% at night in air plane mode and I only needed to charge after 3 days.
Now at night it drains about 10-20% in air plane and I happy if it's survive 1.5 days. What can cause this and what can I do the about it?
The apps are the same I didn't installed anything new, only updated them. This was the case in 8.2 stable as well, but now I upgraded to 8.5 stable with a clean install.
I can't see anything in wake lock detector or in the default system app. Only information is "Android" keeping my device awake at 50%.

Sure! Currently HM4X_V8.5.3.0.MAMCNED.
Started with 7.7.20 Dev ROM than it was awesome. I switched to Miui 9 and it started draining. I reverted back to 7.7.20 but the drain remained. Now I made a clean install to 8.5 Stable and still draining. "Android system" use 70% of battery and "Android" has 50% keep awake time. :(

When I got my Redmi 4X about 1 months ago the battery life was awesome. Only drained 1-2% at night in air plane mode and I only needed to charge after 3 days.
Now at night it drains about 10-20% in air plane and I happy if it's survive 1.5 days. What can cause this and what can I do the about it?
The apps are the same I didn't installed anything new, only updated them. This was the case in 8.2 stable as well, but now I upgraded to 8.5 stable with a clean install.
I can't see anything in wake lock detector or in the default system app. Only information is "Android" keeping my device awake at 50%.

The same happens with my wife's Redmi 4A: Weeks ago the battery life was awesome but suddenly began to fall. She didn't installed any new app, and uses the phone as usual. This device is running Miui 8 global stable rom V8.5.1.0.MCCMIED. I can't figure out what is draining the battery, I can't see anything in the system's battery control section nor app GSam Battery.

This weekend I'll try to update to Miui V8.5.5.0.MCCMIED and I will see what happens. My last option is to do a factory reset.

Cheers!!

Factory reset didn't helped me. For me it's seems the system suck the battery but don't know why. Seems no one wants/can help here or eu.miui forum...

Reactions: Acutbal
Factory reset didn't helped me. For me it's seems the system suck the battery but don't know why. Seems no one wants/can help here or eu.miui forum...
I know that it sounds very ridiculous and it's nonsense idea but... Do you have increased the font size? Maybe by increasing the font size the font rendering engine could impact negatively the performance and battery consumption...

I know that it sounds very ridiculous and it's nonsense idea but... Do you have increased the font size? Maybe by increasing the font size the font rendering engine could impact negatively the performance and battery consumption...
I didn't increase it. :)
Absolutely no idea. Maybe same google app updated which cause the drain? Don't know. :(

I did a total clean install. Wiped everything and installed 7.9.22 dev. I only did the install process with adding google and mi account and nothing more. Charged the phone to 100% than put in airplane mode. As you can see on the picture 2% drain after a little less than 2 hours. No mobile network, no gps, no wlan, no screen on but constants awake.

Please give me some solution to this!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-07-18-48-11-228_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-07-18-48-11-228_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    42 KB · Views: 848